Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard all kinds of bad things about center dump pipes on 98 mach zs. If I switch to some pipes off of a 99 mach z will I pick up any power is it worth the swap. I saw some on ebay and that would be arround 500 cheaper that crank shop pipes. Plus I really dont like loud pipes on my sled plus people and cops are really starting to frown on them. The pipes on ebay have the stock can too.

Thanks
Duane

I have the head cut thicker base gasket and sutch right now

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I have been told yes. I guy i know has a 98 and wants the 99's for that reason. I dont know how much hp you will gain though.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Six of my riding buddy ride machz's 1 98, and rest are 99 and up, they are all clutched or with goodwin kits. The 98 is the fastest of the bunch.(it must be a good one)
The top ends are real close, but the 98 out accelerates the rest of them.
Not saying that 98's are the fastest but the center dump pipes are not that bad. I would like to see a dyno sheet comparing the twp pipes.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The pipes on the 98 are designed for low end and mid range. The pipes need to be warmed up good before they performed.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Is seen them pipes too, that would be a good deal if the price stay's down. I also noticed they come with the manifolds too, that is about a $100.00 extra but you wont need them.
You will gain about 4 sled lenght's with a very slight loss in low end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts