Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 99 sks 700,this thing seems to be pretty loud.It has all the factory exhaust,if I remember right the early xc's were also loud. My question is :Would an aftermarket can(a quiet one) make this sled sound better? I have an MXZ 700 with a bender racing can on it and it sounds great,and it is actually quieter than the sks.
Dont get me wrong,I like a nice sounding sled,but that sks is really loud even at idle and low revs,I dont know if I will like listening to it all day.
What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Pretty nice sled, I always like the GEN II but I think it is time for a new track on that sled. ???

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New track??? what does that hve to do with the exhaust? The track on this sled is 1 1/2 lug,and is only one season old............ New track ????

·
Registered
310 Posts
From the pic it looks a bit warn from what I can see, but maybe its just a bad angle.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I assure you guys,my track is fine,it is in as good of shape as can be expected with a season of riding on it. Seems we have gotten WAY off subject here!!
My track is perfect!!!!! My EXHAUST seems loud though!
Maybe this angle looks better!

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
might try posting it over in the powder/ mt forum they might have little more knowledge...-INDY

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey Dooin' I have the same sled as you and yup there loud. Louder than most of my buds stock sleds. But the guys with the cans on are all way!! WAY louder than mine. I haven't heard a can that is quieter than a stock exhaust yet. Ps I won't talk about your track Ok. :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
madsledhead : are the mbrp 's quieter than stock? The can on my mxz is louder than it was stock(slightly w/different tone) but is still quieter than the sks.

valleyman: Thanks for not talking about my track..lol..how do you like your sks? I think i'm gonna like this sled,m-10 & reverse,gotta be a nice ride. How do they handle?

INDY500XCSP : Good idea,maybe i'll drop by and ask the powder folks!

·
Registered
213 Posts
i got say i love the sound of the 99 700,s,i wanted to put it on 00 700 wouldn,t fit,,,,i'd be surprized if you noticed a difference with a aftermarket can..Nice Track..Just Kidding.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
nice sled,your going to like the m-10 over the stock suspension(which is very very stiff)stock it is a very loud sled,im sure a aftermarket can would make a sweeter sound :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
dooing dude, I really like the way these sleds handle. Where I ride are half and half with trails and lakes/fields. It is the lakes and fields where these sleds really shine. Lots of power and they kick but over the others with the short tracks with 11/4's. In the trails they are a little harder to throw into corners and such but not enough to stop you from leading the pack if you want to. What kind of riding to you do mostly?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Valleyman: Sounds to me that you really like your SKS.I'm glad to hear it.Everyone keeps telling me i'm gonna love it,..I hope so.I know i'm looking forward to the way it's gonna ride,and from whast other people tell me,they handle pretty well for a long tracker!
MOST of the riding I do is tight, twisty,local trails,some fields,and not many lakes(dont run much on the lakes anymore,got ridda all my tripples). And whenever we find a spot with some good hills or powder,well,I pretty much ride anywere and all different types of terrain.I think this will be a pretty good "all-around" sled to ride.
I guess the first thing I should look into (from what everyone else says) is a boost bottle. How much foolin around with the carbs do you gotta do to make them work right?...I ride from @ 2000'-4500' ... any advise? I'm not really looking for peak performance with this sled (I got one of thoes already) just good,reliable trail performance!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have heard that the 99 700's are the loudest sleds made by Polaris. I have one......forget about using a communicator that is voice activated......

SLP does make a good can for this year sled. It does quite it down and give a few extra ponies. For me, I like the noise!

Think snow!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts