Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 99 sks 700 w/m-10 and rev. 4700 mi.I have never owned a polaris before,I was just wondering how these engines/ sleds hold up,perform,handle,ride, etc.
Thanks

·
Registered
791 Posts
Congratulations on getting a Polaris I think every sled after 97 are all very reliable and fast. M-10 and Reverse on a SKS never came across that combo before. These engines run very strong and have lots of room for huge gains in HP. You will enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
XC :
The M-10 was not factory on this sled,it was added on (bonus for me )
Does anybody know the h.p. ratings on these engines?
I know when they came out in the xc 700 those sleds really ripped! I have been told not to expect good fuel mileage with the sks,though.

·
Registered
216 Posts
As far as milage goes I've got mine up over 10 m.p.g. hoping to get a little more this year by playing around with the low end of carb tuning. Great engine. Plenty of snort for trail/powder riding. They are jetted fat from factory but be careful and watch your plugs. I spent the money and got a pyro 2000 and egt's. Very good upgrade. SWRules

·
Registered
791 Posts
Dooinvt I know it was not a factory upgrade the guy that had the sled but in on.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was told the first thing I should do is add a boost bottle,to help with cleaning up low,mid. performance,and mileage.I dont want to get into it too much(tuning and chasing) I also heard these engines had a bit of a lean spot in the midrange area,so not to lean out too much.I havnt even looked into it yet,for all I know the guy before me has already tuned in the carbs,and it probably runs great.
Does anyone know if the 02 sks has the same seat? It looks it in the pic,but I want to be sure,I want the blue/black seat cover!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RAT : 10 mpg would be good with me,thats about all I get outta my mxz7.I also agree with the addition of egt's I will be running them on both my sleds this year,it seems to be a great "piece of mind" Item,and makes tuning(jetting) a little easier.

·
Registered
355 Posts
you wont be sorry if you get the boost bottle for it...go with the one from slp..bout $30..hardest thing to do with them is gettin it in there really...once you get it on..if you got flat slide carbs on it....once you warm it up you just gotta mess with your idle screw, and bring it back down, cause when you put the bottle on it tends to raise it.....good luck-INDY :thumbsup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
The machine you have is an awesome choice. I have one myself and am very happy with it. I believe the h.p. is 114 to 116 or so. I bought the boost bottle and some Boysen reeds. This combo turned out rather well I thought. The Delta reeds were too much money compared to the Boysens. Did some playing with the gears and clutching and now I just squeeze the trigger and have a blast!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Oh, one more thing, at the elevation I was at I dropped the jets two sizes and no problems. Don't forget to stagger them with the larger jet on the mag side. As for the gas milage, I rode with MXZ 583's, Cat 600's, and many others the price at the pumps was always very close to the others sometimes more sometimes less depending on how much fun I was having! :devil:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts