Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 99 SRX 700 and I just recently read on Totallyamaha.com that there have been crank problems with these. I always heard that the problems were with the 98's only. I was wondering if anyone has or knows someone who has had crank problems with their 99 SRX 700. I have over 3000 miles on mine with 192 studs and it seems as though everything is fine. I am wondering if I should worry or was the problem fixed by 99. While totallyamaha says the 99's are vunerable so many other sources say they are not. Who do I believe?

·
Registered
54 Posts
My son bought a 99SRX last march just before the season ended, it had just over 800 miles and according to Yamaha never had any warranty work done to it. It seems to run good pulling 8500rpm's and nice top end. But this fall I bought a 98 SRX for my wife ( and me ) it had the crank repaired at 1400 miles, it now has 4200 miles. In comparison the 98 is much smoother than the 99. The 99 has a harmonic vibration that I am told by dealer is a sign of a crank out of phase re the dreaded crank problems of the 98's. I found out that some of the earlier 99's had crank problems same as the 98's. If your SRX is not as smooth as glass when running I would have it check for crank twist before you have more problems out on the trail. Hope your warranty is still in effect.   Good luck.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Heard the same about early '99s...my buddy bought his '98 brand new and his went out w/less than 150 miles.  
Good luck!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
WELL FELLA'S JUST GOT THE WORD FROM THE DEALER ON MY SONS 99 SRX,YUP IT'S THE  CRANKSHAFT OUT OF PHASE. NOW WE ARE GOING TO TRY AND HASH THIS OUT WITH YAMAHA AND HOPE THEY DO THE RIGHT THING BY US. OUT OF WARRANTY JUST A FEW DAYS CAN YOU BELIEVE IT! I'LL LET YOU GUYS KNOW IF YAMAHA STANDS BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT KNOWING IT'S A FACTORY DEFECT.  WISH ME LUCK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts