Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all!
newbe to the forum...have a few questions for you guys/gals?

first i would like to give you a little info on the sled on what's been done to it..
bender pipes/silencers,bender kit clutch (primary)bender helix (secondary),(top gear) down one tooth for trail, 22 tooth, carbontech read's,suspension mod's..

I just purchased this sled last weekend knowing the problem's the 700 trip's are having with the spark nock,lowwer end of the engine failing(bearings)..This sled has 4700 + mile's on the lowwer end witch i plain on freshing up this spring or summer... with the top end rebuilt with #2,#3 jug's replaced last season..

1. first question is detanation ?? I'm running nothing but premium in it 92-94 octane..It still spark nocking at idle ,and lowwer mid range ... in the #3 cylinder....I was thinking ether the CDI box is malfunctioning or the static timming is to far advanced...I'm plainning on running premium + An octane boost or some race fuel in it...The race fuel is scrace on the trail so i'm limited to octane boost for the fuel to bump up the octane a couple of point's.

2. as for the lowwer end of the engine should I be conserned about this??? Even though it has 4700 miles on it..kind of limited on funding's for the tear down/part's + have the work done on the crank/rod's....

well guess that's about it.. for now! Also would like to thank you in advance for the help!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well figured it out. the head was pitted bad in the #3 cylinder bad #2 also was pitted not as bad...cleaned up the combustion chamber's at work on the mill.plus cc'ed the head's to 23 cc's.cleaned the carbon off all three piston's, power valves..I'm sure it was the head causing preignition on the 2 cylinder's.not having the pinging in the cylinder's no more at any rpm...

edit!!!
didn't mean( power valve's) what i ment was the slid valve's on the carb's!!! thanks!!! bone daddy
thank's for the word check...don't have the skidoo anymore..LOL! + not getting enough sleep these day's..I guess you play you pay!

·
Registered
496 Posts
You state you cleaned power valves, maybe a slip but you dont have power valves. also jetting on the sled should not be the same across the board.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You state you cleaned power valves, maybe a slip but you dont have power valves. also jetting on the sled should not be the same across the board.[/b]
that was a big huge slip on my part thank's agian!!
AS for the carb's? #1cyl. mag side 152 main/#2cyl. mid 150 main/#3cyl. clutch side 150 main...
pilot jets have 52.5 jet's in all 3 carb's

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had 3 700 Yamaha singles.

There are no motor issues with these sleds that I am aware of.

A Buddy of mine is running my former 98 XTC 700 Deluxe. 20,000 KM, no engine issues. It has been ported and 2 layers of head gasket removed. Ran triple pipes on it for a year.

My sister in law runs my old 99 700 Deluxe, 15,000 KM, never has had a wrench on it.

You should not need to do bottom end or rings, pistons etc at your mileage.

This aint no BRP [bring rings and pistons] sled you got there.

Even Cats do not normally need freshening until 8,000 miles or so. Triple Yammies will normally go at least double that.

If your compression is 150 or less you should have no problem with 91 octane. If stock compression regular is fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts