Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anybody experienced any problems

after the instaling a boost bottle on their machine(tuning, blowing up, melting down)

i have heard many mixed measages regarding this

specificaly roughly 1of 10 melt down

i've got a slp bottle and am worryed about installing it

any info appreciated :D

thanx

·
Registered
213 Posts
only problem youll run into is crack boots,slp plastic bottle seem to be the best for not cracking boots...i think maybe it has to with install.i have 3500 miles ,boots are like new.bottles help on sleds with kiehins,also a set of power pacs is a nice touch,work great for me.to help your milage,{Youll need it }a set 1371g needles will help there. I have a 00 700 ive played with lots, if you have any questions

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
xc-special

what do the diferent needles do?

what is a power pack ?

what other mods have you done that really help or work

all i have in mine are v force reeds

thanx for the help

·
Registered
213 Posts
the needles are leaner up to 1/4 throttle,,,,slp power pacs help throttle response ,they just slide in to the carbs ,No modifacation,,,,tempa flow jetted to 190-185 gives good performance from -35c to +5, no more jetting changes,increases milage also,,, they need help in clutching,10-62's,almond /gold -pri,,,,throw the 36 helix away,get 50-36,sil/blue sec,i used this set-up last year,worked awesome.great milage 12-13 mpg.tottally trouble free.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
xc-special
how many turns did you have turn the air screw for the boost bottle?

any more info or discription on the power pac

any problem instaling the tempa flow? worth the money?

thanx for all the help :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
rezonator,
i had the air screw at 1 turn out.and left it there
as far as p.pacs go to http://www.slp.cc/Polaris_Catalog/powerpack.html
and the tempa flow is simple install,only thing is you have to drill the carb for the signal vac hose,not a real big job,works good.depending on how much you want to spend,highly reommend the clutching and jetting and needles

edit: i just saw some p.pacs on ebay

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have a set of used power paks. Let them go for 50 bucks Canadian. Only about 350 miles on them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts