Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just stretched my 99 to a 151x2, we are going to island park id in jan, so I am looking for some help!

originally the sled had 24/40 gears, i looked on the polaris site and found the 01 rmk 700 151 ran 19/40 gears, so that is what i am running.

The sled came with a 50-36 secondary helix clutch kit, i am not sure what brand it is though. I have been told to put a straight 36 degree helix and a 42 tooth gear on bottom, but others have said that my set up is pretty good, so i am not quite sure what to do. I am wondering what other people think of these ideas. I also have v force reeds and a boost bottle.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Well I know this is a late reply...you didn't exactly say which engine you have. Makes a big difference in the gearing decision. I am at 19/41 on my 99 RMK 151 with a piped 700. Your gearing is probably fine if you have a 700. Depends on your altitude, I am running about 5000'. If you are running much lower you get more engine power. I would try to go with the helix you have in there. If you want a few extra hundred peak RPM, tighten your secondary spring. Test before you decide.

Just make sure that wherever you are going, you have set up your primary clutch for the desired altitude following the polaris clutching chart. Your performance will stink if you are clutched for 1000 feet but you are riding at 5000. Also since you have no altitude compensation you have to make sure your carbs are set up right if you are going to be climbing mountains.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts