Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what is the best set up clutching wise for a 1999 xcr 800. The sled has 18,000 miles and i was wondering if i would clutch it now would if it hurt the sled in any way. :lookaround:

·
Registered
348 Posts
i was wondering what is the best set up clutching wise for a 1999 xcr 800. The sled has 18,000 miles and i was wondering if i would clutch it now would if it hurt the sled in any way. :lookaround:[/b]
First thing is first, how long ago was the waterpump rebuilt? What about the top-half? Clutch rebuild? 18k miles is alot of miles for the '99 XCR so I would pay an attention to those areas that I mentioned above. If everything is up to par, then clutch your sled. But first, let us know what type of riding you do. WL.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thing is first, how long ago was the waterpump rebuilt? What about the top-half? Clutch rebuild? 18k miles is alot of miles for the '99 XCR so I would pay an attention to those areas that I mentioned above. If everything is up to par, then clutch your sled. But first, let us know what type of riding you do. WL.[/b]
The water pump im on my second one the first one was rebuilt but that let go and the second that i have in now is fairly new i believe it has 2000 miles on it. i replaced the rings in the sled at 10,000 to freshen it up some this coming weekend im going to be doing a compression test and start getting her ready for the new season. as for riding its mostly trail ride i dont beat the sled she runs hard still i just want to put some of the kids on campus back in there seat. P.S about 4 years ago my cousin put a long track on the sled a touring style i believe so would that be a factor what do u think

·
Registered
348 Posts
I know of a few who has a long track version, geared it down on top tooth. stock is 24/39 and if you want, you can replace 24 tooth with 23 tooth. Im not sure what these guys have their clutching setup at as most of them use the sled for racing. As per your type of riding, Id say keep the clutching setup the way it is now as I think its prolly the best what youre using the sled for. Anyone? WL.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know of a few who has a long track version, geared it down on top too tooth. stock is 24/39 and if you want, you can replace 24 tooth with 23 tooth. Im not sure what these guys have their clutching setup at as most of them use the sled for racing. As per your type of riding, Id say keep the clutching setup the way it is now as I think its prolly the best what youre using the sled for. Anyone? WL.[/b]
thanks my old man had got 10-64 weights and a red spring i dont know what cut it is but would that help a little

·
Registered
348 Posts
Im not sure what the cut it is but based on what youre saying with 64g, Im willing to bet, its prolly using something like xx/34 because with xx/36 helix, he wouldnt be pulling at 8.3k revs. Stock revs should be close to 8.3k range. WL.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im not sure what the cut it is but based on what youre saying with 64g, Im willing to bet, its prolly using something like xx/34 because with xx/36 helix, he wouldnt be pulling at 8.3k revs. Stock revs should be close to 8.3k range. WL.[/b]
its been awhile but i put the red spring in the secondary and it works great now my next thing is a almond spring in the primary with 10/ 62 i was told i should be taking off at 3 instead of 4. and i was also to that i should put 22/40 for gearing in the the track is 126 what u think

·
Registered
348 Posts
If youre going to run 22/40, thats 1.82 ratio gearing setup. Or run her 23/40 which would make it 1.74 ratio. If you decide to use 22/40, then you will prolly have to change the weights to 64g and maybe 66g depending on the revs. Ask those guys with long track version XCR8s, they will lead you to a better answer than I can. Anyone? WL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts