Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys (and girls),

Love this site, just getting back into sledding after a few years absence. Got a great deal on a minnt pair, 99 ZL 500 & 600 EFI's with a 1000 miles each. My buddies ride a pack of XC 700's. What do you guys recommend as the best "bang for the buck" mods for the 600 so I can keep up with these loudmouths?

Its snowing tonight in New Hampshire!

Skip SWRules

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would recomend a d&d clutch kit. A friend of mine put one on his 2001 600 and it made a big improvement. I have bought 2 black magic kits and they both were duds. good luck.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Definetly D&D clutch kit and depending how much you want to do a D&D pipe, chip, and clutch kit setup would probably be good for about 15hp. Also somekind of aftermarket reeds. I prefer Vforce but here alot of good things about the boysen ones also.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I agree with ZR500..... go with the D&D Setup, only heard great things about them!!!

their website, in case you need it is

http://www.ddracing.com

at least you can get an idea of what its going to cost ya,, then you can call them up.

The VForces are the way to go also, from what I heard, the VF3's are awesome..... and with the aftermarket pipe, it would definitely add more snap....

The good thing about the 600 is its an EFI, so you don't need to worry about jetting, as long as you get the right chip in there.... (to take the pipe into consideration).....

Hope this helps, and there's snow in "dem dere hills" here in Upstate NY too....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts