Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im working on gettin the cash for a 99 snoPro and i was wondering if there are any probs or anything i should watch out for.. thanks for the input

Danny

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody know anything about it ??

·
Registered
518 Posts
I just got one in Feb. Only got out on it once. It's not running quite right, but should be easily fixed.
Just like most race sleds, they are finicky(sp?).
My friend has had his 99 snopro for two seasons and has had no problems with it what-so-ever.
Make sure it has the exhaust valve update done to it. I'm not sure how to tell for sure. My friend looked at mine for me and said it had it.
Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Had a 98', dropped a Hooper 640 Kit in it.......Man what a rush!!!  Ran like a raped ape for about 600 Miles, then grenaded.  Hooper kit was supposed to be a trail kit......LOL.  Don't waste your money on it!  Ran great for like I said 600 Miles.  Bring what ever you thought you had was fast, it would smack your sled.  That motor was JUNK on the trail!  Dropped a 600 ZR motor in it, man is the SnoPro a fun sled!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 98 ZR Sno Pro 440.  I bought it last year during the summer and it seemed to run really good.  I was Ditch banging last January and The Connecting rod from the piston to the crank broke and shot the piston to the head at about 6500 RPM.  Not a pretty site,  That costed about 1000 right there.....THEN in 98 they had a recall on the APV's and My sled didn't get the updated and the spring in there snapped and fell down the SAME cylinder!  This was about 1 - 2 months apart but it sucked.  Now as my sled is sitting in my garage it has another Brand new top end and Brand new UPDATED power valves.  I just had Shitty luck but I love the sled it is a Blast to ride........When its running!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts