Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need CAT Master HELP!! I ran my 99 ZRT 600 w/Mod blaster II pipes, Delta Force reeds, D&D power breather, PSI clutch kit(48.5gr).Woody's 144 gold digger 45 drgree pix's. Stock carbs with 380 jetting. It ran only 87.mph in 660ft. There must be someone out there running zrt 600's. Please help. Thank You

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
What is the problem 87 mph in 660 aint bad.How did it hook up ? If you are spinning alot you are going to be slower. also take some ski pressure off ,lower it a bit to get it down out of the wind,How tight is the track these are all things that can give you a bit more speed.Have you tried to gear it a bit maybe a bit larger bottom gear or smaller top gear,since you are going to run 660 you need to gear it a bit to get the clutches to shift out around 1to1 at the end of 660.Run a marker down the primary clutch and run it to see how far the clutches are shifting out gear it till you only have about 3/4 in of marker line that han't been cleaned off by the belt.Also what are you running for a helix?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
If you still had the stock gears in, that is your problem.  Gear it down one tooth and that should help.  And like he said, 87 in that distance isn't that bad.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Idont know if i would mess with the gears at all,Arctic usually comes from the factory as good as you will get it,ive been down this road before and before you know it your gear changes will be canceling out your other mods you could try it but i would look at what other input you had track tension,lower the sled,and last but not least get the power to the ground.Like you were told 87 in 660 isnt bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts