Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with Black Magic clutch kits for this sled. I ride mostly trail but I want to be able to keep up with some of the big boys i race with for fun. What size weights and color springs are recommended for this type of riding.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Black Magic isnt very popular around this site. Snow tech has some advice for this sled which is known to be underpowered and a gas hog with stock calibrations.........here is what they suggest.......proper jetting, fuel screws from 2-1/4 turns down to 1-1/4, needles to #3, Tempa flow to further help power and economy...........Dakota Performance clutch kit Tel # 701-452-4212.

With these changes they claim 11-12 mpg, and 5+ sled lengths in 1000 feet.

Good luck!

·
Registered
310 Posts
goodwin may have a nice setup for ya as well.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Originally posted by slarson@Oct 24 2002, 06:00 PM
here is what they suggest.......proper jetting, fuel screws from 2-1/4 turns down to 1-1/4, needles to #3, Tempa flow to further help power and economy...........Dakota Performance clutch kit Tel # 701-452-4212.
Sorry for the stupid question, I am still very much a newbie. Which one is the fuel screw on the carb? I already dropped the clip one notch and changed to 310 main jets on my '00 ZR700. I was consistently getting about 10mpg at the end of last winter. I am still thinking about getting the Tempa-flow as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts