Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'AM PUTTING A A/C SECONDARY ON MY 96 POLARIS ULTRA. I WOULD LIKE KNOW IF ANYBODY KNOWS WHAT A/C  HELIX & SPRING TO USE. RIGHT NOW I HAVE A 34/42 HELIX & A BLUE SPRING.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I agree 57/50 w/yellow would be an excellent starting point

·
Registered
791 Posts
Try a 60/53 helix with a green or green and yellow spring that is what I plan on using when I do the conversion next weekend.  

Newfiebullet:  what you need to do the conversion is a polaris offset clutch tool an artic cat secondary clutch I would get a roller A/C secondary clutch if you have to go buy one they are much better than the regular A/C secondary clutch and some shim washers to set the offset unless you already have enough and the A/C key way this is what I was told anyway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I FORGOT TO TELL ALL YOU GUYS IT'S ROLLER & I RIDE IN THE MOUNTAINS THE SLED AS A 151 TRACK. I WAS TOLD TO TRY A 49 HELIX WITH A YELLOW SPRING.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Thanks xc600,
when you say "Polaris offset clutch tool" are you refering to a clutch alingment tool?
I just bought my first Polaris ever (haven't even got it home yet) and I know almost nothing about Polaris sleds, so you'll have to forgive me if I ask questions that might seem obvious.

So the shaft size is the same? That's good news.

Can anyone recommend a Helix for a 95 XCR 600, stock, short track?
Thanks...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts