Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has done this or heard about doing it. I was told that there is a pin in the cat throttle that wears out (something to do with a switch), I was told to put a piece of welding rod or similar into the space with the old pin. It is supposed to give it its responseivness back? Anyone heard of this or am I having my chain yanked? My buddy that told me this has already done it to his 2002 zr800cc.

A

·
0 Posts
The only thing I know of is the throttle safety switch and that would make the sled run or not run only I think.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I've never heard of anything like that.  It really doesn't make much sense.  The only pin that I can think of in the throttle is the one that it pivots on.  If that were to go bad and create play in the system, the throttle safety switch would kick in and the sled wouldn't run.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Arctic cat sleds have a safty switch on the throttle the will kill the engine if the throttle cable gets stuck.  

If you sort of pull the throttle well pushing it in it will act like a kill switch.

The Pin does were out and eventually the machine will just start to die or backfire on you.  

You must make sure that its in good condition and any replacements would help.  

My buddy wore his out in 1 year on a 2000 panther 550.

·
Registered
757 Posts
The more I think of it, the more there might be something here.  I've replaced a few throttle-safety switches (basically the throttle assembly) assuming the switch was bad.  If the root cause is a worn pin, this might be a good, quick fix.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jdsmi, it does have something to do with the play in throttle and it does have something to do with the throttle safety switch. Thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts