Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anybody has gotten the chance to ride that way cool sled/bike?
do you think more companies will build other models?
how much do you think Bombarier had to do with this?
glad to here from ya

go to
http://www.adboivin.com/frames.htm
if you haven't seen it yet !
a really cool web site!

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
sportx,
 i can't think of anyone that wants one of those so the sno hawk has a long row to hoe.  

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
some people like to try new things

but your right paul it's probably not everybodys kid of toy!

·
Registered
172 Posts
they are aimed towards the sport rider, not some trail cruiser.    id personally like to get a hold of one for a couple of days, would be a blast to ride, i think.     might be slightly underpowered though.

·
Registered
561 Posts
It's not really a sled or a dirt bike .... sure I'd like to try one ... but I don't think I'd buy one , I think it has plunty of power for what it is .

·
Registered
532 Posts
well the Vig boy's ran them this season for the WSA in the Snow Hawk class ( of course )  The sleds seemed to doo pretty good.  Not alot of speed since it's just a little leeaf blower motor.  The bike is a lot wider than it looks.  I took one for a VERY little spin and it was weird all around.  I guess I could not get used to the fact that it was a snow bike.  Rode like a moto-x bike but anywere on the snow.  I bet we will see more of them next season.  

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I saw them run at a few races and i would not one, also they seem like you need alot of experience to ride them or they seem to do alot of weird things,  like throw you off ,or fall over.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
winterfreak,
 one has to look a couple times to be sure those are not REV's in that picture.  

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I wonder how a company can still be around and not really have a full production unit
They do sorta look like a rev with one ski though paul

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
see?
i was wondering to see if anyone else noticed that!
so how much do you think Bombarier had to do with this if they did ?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Rumor in SnowTech says that Bombardier might have more to do with the snowhawk than meets the eye

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
a lot meets the eye!
volume 13 no.4 of supertrak also mentions that!
they also call it a mutant sled!
a mutant rev mabee

·
Registered
858 Posts
I think bombardier helped to build it but didn't mentionned the REV to A.D. boivin. They have done buisness with AD Boivin before with that arc suspension. Bombardier might of been testing the interest for the new seating position and ridding style of these sleds.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Bombardier's participation in the project extends no further than the engine it supplies to A.D. Boivin.

The Snow Hawk is in no way connected to BBD.

Why can't anybody accept that A.D. Boivin has worked extremely hard over the last six years to produce the 'Hawk?

-Rob

·
Registered
283 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (paul yarek @ April 13, 2002, 9:47pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sportx,
 i can't think of anyone that wants one of those so the sno hawk has a long row to hoe.  
[/b][/quote]
Actually, in 2001, A.D. Boivin was sold out before the first vehicle was even built, so the demand is there, just perhaps not in your region.

They basically did their first production run with a name on each 'Hawk.

As for this year, production numbers have been tripled, and about 2/3's of those are reserved.

-Rob

·
Registered
283 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WINTERFREAK @ April 14, 2002, 09:33am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well the Vig boy's ran them this season for the WSA in the Snow Hawk class ( of course )  The sleds seemed to doo pretty good.  Not alot of speed since it's just a little leeaf blower motor.  The bike is a lot wider than it looks.  I took one for a VERY little spin and it was weird all around.  I guess I could not get used to the fact that it was a snow bike.  Rode like a moto-x bike but anywere on the snow.  I bet we will see more of them next season.  
[/b][/quote]
C'mon now, you'll have to ride it more than once to get a real feel for it.

Just picture sand everywhere!

-Rob

·
Registered
283 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (highlandergerman @ April 14, 2002, 12:19pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I saw them run at a few races and i would not one, also they seem like you need alot of experience to ride them or they seem to do alot of weird things,  like throw you off ,or fall over.[/b][/quote]
Actually,

The guys driving the 'Hawks in the series started their season with very little experience on them and as you can see - they've done quite well.   They do drive motocross bikes in the summer from time to time, but they're not Pro riders by any means.

I drive an Enduro bike during the summer and I had no problem adapting to the 'Hawk during the winter.  Your background does help you get started a little faster, but by no means is it required.

-Rob

·
Registered
283 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (z800rtx @ April 14, 2002, 2:53pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wonder how a company can still be around and not really have a full production unit
They do sorta look like a rev with one ski though paul
[/b][/quote]
Wha?

Where have you been lately?

The Snow Hawk has been in production for over a year now.

The REV is completely different from the 'Hawk, BTW.

-Rob

·
Registered
283 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AC @ April 15, 2002, 3:10pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think bombardier helped to build it but didn't mentionned the REV to A.D. boivin. They have done buisness with AD Boivin before with that arc suspension. Bombardier might of been testing the interest for the new seating position and ridding style of these sleds.[/b][/quote]
FYI, Bombardier had absolutely nothing to do with the design and/or development of the Snow Hawk.  Yes, they provide the motivational force with the engine, but no differently than how Home Depot supplies the nails for your new shed. That's it.

It's true that Bombardier did purchase the rights to use the single swingarm rear suspension (the Expert) as an OEM, but this simply gave A.D. Boivin the financial means to develop the Snow Hawk a little further, to be where they are today.

As for the REV and the Snow Hawk "awareness" issue, what difference does it make?  The REV is the equivalent of a sporty quad - like a Raptor - while the Snow Hawk is like a motocross bike.  Two completely different markets.

The target market for these machines do not really overlap.  REV'ers are still traditional snowmobilers.

-Rob

1 - 20 of 43 Posts