Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this was my first sled ! i was 16 yrs old back then, the little 1 cly blew up so my dad put a 640 in there, man what a whellie machine that was....but after 30 min ride you had to stop you were so bussed from the gaz comming out of the carb right in front of you  ;)

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and last but not least this was a 72 phanter, yes i did own a cat before, the kind with the gas tank in the back ! i flip that sled more then once doing 360 on the lake. hate thoes metal slides on the track ! hahahaha  :D

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I have an everest that looks just like yours except black and with a 340.  Engine runs like a top but the body is shot.  Its also one of the most uglyest designed sleds i ever saw.  That showroom grabber head light offset really doesnt work for it.

LOL

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have a 77 everest 340 that has a yellow hood, it is in great shape except spark only in one cyl.
The other sleds I have had are as follows.
72 panther,80 scorpion whip,79 jag,87 jag440,81 moto-ski 269cc,87 cougar,91ext,95 zr580,95 cougar,97 zr580,96 zrt600,99 zrt600,99 zr600,about 25 chaparrals, 2-78 enticer 250's, 72 rupp nitro 295,72 rupp american 340,76 nitro,about 3 johnny deeres,73 moto ski-f-440,72 bolens sprint, 3 suzuki fury's, 80 kitty kat, 98 kitty kat, 91? mach 1 617cc, 71 panther 760 with montana pipes, 68 polaris colt, 73 polaris tx, 79 txl 340, 71 moto-ski,72 yammy gp?cc, many puma's panthers, lynx's, 80 eltigre 440, I know I have had many more alos and parted a lot more out. Kevin

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
machzzzz, the thing i hated the most about that everst was the plastic cab ! snow fall on it and it cracks ! i think i most of had over 100 rivets in that cab  :D  :p

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
my buddy gave a 77 everest 444 l/c to my dealer last year he's got it for parts if anyone is interested.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
my first l/c sled the kaw 440 invader in the back ground,has aaen twin pipes and only 2200 miles now.and my first doo, with my son on it several years ago,'86 formula mx nice trail sled on groomed trails handles great and is quick bought it in '88 and was sold on doo's ever since.I would like to find a rear skid for the mx if any out there  e-mail me.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Ha, good one sled doc. Sales are still kinf of in a slump probably due to weather? I did however mange to trade ( as sonn as I get it all ready for snow) it for a 74? suzuki rv125 motorcycle, very clean only needs a few things i told the wife LOL. Kevin

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a old Everest.  The engine runs mint.  It used to be super sleek untill my friend smacked a tree.  Then the sled went totally downhill.  Te cowel fell off when my brother jumped a snowbank and the cowel flew forward and he landed on it.  Now we drive it with no cowel.  It still good except for all the fumes that get sent up to you.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I got my old everest running today. Runs very good. It even idles, and it hdn't been run in at least ten years. All I have to do now is take the rear susp. in to work tomorrow and heat up the front arm a little with the torches and drive the frozen shaft out, clean it upa and reinstall, then its off to the cabin where the guy at work is going to take it off my hands. Kevin

"how's that Toydoc"?

?"

·
Registered
731 Posts
One down, 20 to go.

Good work Kevin, I can almost see your house from the road now.

You should have them all done by 2006

P.S. thats two years before me. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts