Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just upgraded from a 99 ZL 600 to a 03 ZR 800 sno pro and i had a few questions. Whats the best oill to use the guy a bought it from ran Amsoil Dominator is that the best to use, and what are power valves exactly? Last one im not to familiar with gas shocks the rear wont come back up all the way on its own is that a spring,shock, or pressure?

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Amsoil is a good oil and if you want to use it go for it

But there are other oils that can be used if you wish

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I just upgraded from a 99 ZL 600 to a 03 ZR 800 sno pro and i had a few questions. Whats the best oill to use the guy a bought it from ran Amsoil Dominator is that the best to use, and what are power valves exactly? Last one im not to familiar with gas shocks the rear wont come back up all the way on its own is that a spring,shock, or pressure?[/b]
Power valves change the size of the exhaust ports depending on RPM to give a wider spread of useable power.

The fact that the suspension won;t come up all the way on it's own doesn't mean anything is wrong with it. There should be some initial sag in the rear suspension.

·
10,054 Posts
I wouldnt run the dominator,,, I would go to the interceptor. Both are made by amsoil, but hte interceptor is a lot cheaper,,, the dominator is more of a racing oil. The interceptor is also made for your power valved motors. As for your rear suspension having a sag,, it happens. I can lift mine up about 2 inches after riding it and that was right after having my shocks rebuilt.

Where abouts in Ohio you from?? I live in NW Ohio myself

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank for the info everyone. Im from central Ohio but will travel to the snow, planning a trip to PA hopefully if they have the snow around Christmas time.
Anybody have any info on the best place to go

·
10,054 Posts
take a look at the charity ride we are doing right here on the site. We are going to Wetmore Michigan,,, may end up with over 50 people riding,,, we split up each day, different members go different directions and basically do their own thing. We always have a great time,,, then Friday night we have a raffle for prizes that we have been collecting,,, all proceeds go towards breast cancer. Last thing we do there is ask all riders to bring some canned goods along with them to donate to the local food bank,,, each year this ride gets better and better,,, I CANT WAIT,,, if you are interested and want more info, just shoot me a PM,,,
Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts