Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
came across this computer image of longtracking the rev pretty cool  check it out   www.specialtysleds.com  
this is what they needed right off the get go.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
now that looks much better.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
for long track lovers this thing will be the ticket, just like riding a motocross bike.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Ya, looks good! But if you notice in the picture the 7.5" gap from the end of the rail to the wheel there is NO hifax! I bought the 136 rail extention kit from Ken last year for my 121 SC-10 and didnot like the way it looked. With this 7.5" void for the track to fall into I just could'nt see why he did'nt make a true rail extention? I called Ken back and ask "where is the rest of the kit" he said, "all the folks out there make there kits like this" and he was right! He also said "dont do to hard a tail landings because it might fold up"!!!!! I'am thinking, what the heck have I got myself into now?
Fortunally with my mechanical abilities I figured something out.
I went to a snowmobile junk yard and picked up an old SC-10 rail for $10.00, cut it to 7.5" lengths welded it to the extention kit along with some 1/4x1x8" straps and stainless bolts and made a strong extention kit. I beat the heck out of it for 1500 miles and never hurt it a bit. The great thing about this too is I can remove 8 bolts and return it to a short track if need be. I cant imajine the 141 to 156 kits are like that!

I wish all manufactures would make a real extention kit like Yamaha, for about $750.00 you get: track, whole new rails, 8 tooth drivers, arms, hifax, and brackets! Now that's the way to make a kit....

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
I said last year that a dependable source told me that Doo would be coming out with a longtrack machine either mid season '03 or in '04 for sure. I'm sure that there is a place for aftermarket longtracking, but for my money, I'll wait until Doo puts one on the snow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You'll need to extend the trunk too so you can carry 5 spare belts. That tight hood keeps the clutches way too hot for mountain riding.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts