Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quoted greater then 900cc ,inline w/turbocharger. sourse says yamahas been spying on honda's secret and released there sled 1st so they could be reconized as the first to change the market! i dont believe it but honda does have the aquatrax w/1235cc inline 4 w/turbocharge.who would buy a honda sled anyhow? would you?

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
soxxs22,
it has been a rumour long before rice was discovered.  

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
If it ever came about, I would be first in line. I've had Honda quads and bikes for 20 years, they are the best built on the planet. And they perform! Anyone here ever have a 250R quad or trike?! I used to blow away my cousin's Banshee witht a 88' 250R!! Miss that old thing.

·
Registered
900 Posts
There have been rumours about honda entering the market for several years now. They build decent product but your gonna pay for it. The times they are a changin. She's gonna be an interesting year so it is!!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Honda that would be intresting,  what engine doo you thing that they would use a  inline 4clylike the cbr929 or a rc51  twin both can make big power! Or maybe a brand new design, how about a horizontaly opposed flat four?? How about a six speed trans love bangen those gears!

·
Registered
311 Posts
About 5 years ago a buddy was in michigans UP and ran across 2 honda prototypes.  They both had V-4 4-strokes very similar the the engine they use in the magna.  I called a person in the industry that I thought might know something and she varified that Honda was testing in the UP but also said that she didn't expect that sled for a long time because Honda felt timing wasn't right for a 4-stroke.  That was then!  She also said that Honda wants to be a major player in anything that they do, which is why I kinda believe the story.  I think If they would have come out with it then, we wouldn't of been as receptive as today.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If the manufactures can make a chasis light enough to make up for the added weight of the 4 stroke, imagine that chasis with a DFI 800-1000cc triple. If they go to twin injectors/cyl. they should be able to get enough injector pulses to rev the motor and make power. Then you'd have light weight, high output, good emmissions and good fuel economy. My bet is Bombardier will stay with the 2 stroke for the main snowmobile market. We'll see! ronzx9

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Topic moved by moderator.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Doesn't Honda provide the motor for SkiDoos MiniZ?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've heard rumors of Honda producing sleds for quite a while now.

The last rumor i heard was that Honda IS going to enter the market, with their first sled being available to the public within 2 years.

Who knows though.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Honda made a snowmobile back in the old days.... Did anyone else see it in the magazine in the form of a vintage sleds daily planner?  Not thier best effort I would guess.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
A Honda sled would be interesting!

·
Registered
43 Posts
A honda snowmobile would be excellent.......they have excellent reliability and performance( as honda always does)......could you imagine a vtec in line four on a sled reving about 11k!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If Honda does come out with a sled you can bet it will be
one of the best ever built. Thats just the way they do things - right or not at all. The rest of the industry better watch out for these big MOTOR companies, they have great technology and $$$ to back it up. I would be the first in line to by a Honda snowmobile.

·
Registered
91 Posts
If the winters keep up like this along with the mild winter el nino they are predicting for the midwest next winter, nobody will be building much of anything! grrrrr

1 - 17 of 17 Posts