Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I have put the belt away, and sometimes start my sled just because i like it and to get the bearing covered with fresh oil agian. When i rev her up to over engaging, 4200, it comes a litle "knock" at the primary cluth when it returns to disengaged modus. Any comments on what the sound could be?
The sled is a Mach Z RER -99

Norwegian

A

·
0 Posts
Formula, if you're running a TRA tear it down.  I had the same prob with my 93 Plus and found a bad clicker bolt.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I was told not to run the sled with out the belt, it is hard on the engine reving with out any weight or back pressure on the motor, is this true, can this damage the engine

·
Registered
373 Posts
Mine does the same thing, I took it apart and all looked good but I don't rev it up anymore without the belt because that knock can't be doing it any good, I have a friend with a new 800 Renagade that makes that same knock with the belt on, needless to say it's going to the dealer as a warranty issue.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply's  

What i cant "see" is the different in a engine revving up too engaging whitout belt and with the belt on. Up too engaging, the cluth is only dragging a litle at the belt, and i cant see this litle pressure would do any difference. Im gonna let the cluth be like it is, and see when winther comes if it performs ok.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Started here today, with the belt ON. Runned here up too 5000. On disangegement the sound was gone!  

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sounds like your knock was the sliding half of the drive clutch returning to neutral in a harsh manner since the belt couldn't control the downshift. That's why you shouldn't run it beyond engagement speed with the belt off. Eventually there will be damage done to the drive clutch caused by uncontrolled movement when they slam together or in your case, slam apart.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have a friend with a new 800 Renagade that makes that same knock with the belt on[/b][/quote]

He did try a brand new belt to see if it still happens, right?  I had a clink sound once caused by a slight hourglass shape in one spot on my belt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts