Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
??? My '99 ZL600 (carbs) is showing some substantial wear on the track drive sprocket. Occasionally, I get a 'chatter' coming from somewhere near the track driveshaft, but I havent figured out what it is. I think it may be the driveshaft bearings (the shaft that goes thru the track sprocket). The sled has 2500 northern miles on it and is in otherwise perfect condition. I just dont need any breakdowns and would rather replace the parts now to prevent this. Has anyone replaced the driveshaft bearings (if that's what they are called) and is it a big job? I think I'll replace the drive sprocket too. Any/all comments welcome - thanks in advance!! :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Check your track tension and chain tension both would give a chatter near the frt of the track.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i have a friend who had a 1 yr old cougar that ate the chaincase bearing at about 700 miles and stopped it dead on the trail ( couldnt tow it even with the belt off ) changed the bearing on the trail the next day and yes its a royal pain...check the chaincase and the bearing on the opposite sode to be sure its not that...good luck...steve in mass

" get there fast but arrive alive " :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts