Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Ski-Doo's website they mention that they have a new 800 HO motor now. It says that this new motor has 7% more power than the regular 800. That's great and all, but I don't see how to get it. I don't see it as an option while building your sled? Does anyone else know anything more about this motor?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I cant seem to find this 800 HO in any sled set up.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Hey muskoka doo how are ya?The only way to get the 800HO is in the summit.Was down your way a few weeks ago at the firey grill for lunch.Didnt come for a week your way cause of conditions.Been going to cochrane and am going again mar 7 - 12

·
Registered
258 Posts
Ya, it seems to be only available with the Summit

Also, the picture of the Mach Z engine shows a 3 into 1 but in the description they mention triple pipes.  What gives?

·
Registered
100 Posts
first these knobs running the show at ski-doo throw the mach-z back in the old ck-3 chassis and then they don't even offer the 800 ho to the trail riders and lake runners.whats next ski-doo,are you going to bring back the 340 olympic.you guys are going backwards not forward.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I want an REV with an 800HO or 800SID.  

Is it even worth it to buy next years 800 REV or MXZ unless you really need one. With the HO 800 only in the summit and the 800SDI only in the cruisers the REV and MXZ are left in the dark with big twin tech. Imagine running your brand new REV800 down the lake behind a.....gulp...ZR700HO.
Lets face it, the MACH is not getting the technological attention it deserves either.
There are a lot of members on this site.
If enough of us get on the skidoo site and click on "contact us" and voice our disappointment with the new packages ,ski doo will answer the call.
Ski Doo is looking to string buyers along year to year not giving you the all the technology available at once. This will only change if we 'the market' force them to offer the best package available such as a MACH in an MXZ chassis and an 800HO in an REV.

My two cents.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
The Mach Z engine pic is an out of date formula 111 engine pic.  Bombardier (Billion dollar corp) is to lazy to change it.  Its been like that for the last 3 years.  

The 800 HO is available in the MXZ REV X and Sport package.  You just go to build your own sled and when you get the engine options its right there 800HO and 800HO RER.  

The 800 SDI is only available in the LEDGEND and Grand Touring this year but watch it make it to every model buy next year.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Machzzz1,  Sorry to correct you but the 800HO is not available on the MXZX Rev.  The 600HO is available.  The 800HO is only available on the mountain sleds.  

I called Bombardier and verified it.  Then I complained and said I was going to buy the Firecat instead.  If we get enough people to complain then maybe they will have second thoughts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
louis got it right when he said string buyers along year after year.I asked my dealer about some related issues and he said,if they give it to you all at once,what will they do next year? Business is business.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey LadyK make sure you pull to the right I will be up there March 11 for 3 days..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts