Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings and Salutations,
    I heard about this site at another forum and thought I'd check it out. I noticed that new members post an intro so I thought I'd follow suit. I live in da state of Mini-soda, and been ridin dem beels for a long cotton pickin time don't ya know.  
  I've owned 9 new cats since 87, Tigers, Wildcats, EXT's, ZR and ZRT's.  In 1995 I think I got mad cow disease and bought an XCR 600 ( hangin head) thank God I recovered. I currently ride and own a 96 ZRT 600, 97 ZRT 600 LT, a 99 ZRT 600 and an 02 ZRT 600.  OMG...I think I see a pattern!...Nope..the 99 is green..wheeewww.  
 I mostly ride the groomed trails on MN, WI and the Yuper. I have dabbled in racing and some mods but for the most part I ride FLMS stockers on the trail ( dat was a mini-soda polaris yoke)  
 So..anyways..CHEERS!!

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Hello there & hope you enjoy the fun & frivolity here
Nobody here takes anything too seriously except for their sledding. We've had a few new members the last couple of days, this is good as it was getting a bit quiet.

You may want to go to the Yammi forum as the diehards there are dying of boredom
Oh I forgot they're thinking back to their rides this winter

Can the FLMS be explained in public? If not send me a PM. Co-workers & I who don't ride Polarii, refer to the XLTs as BLTs

Finally, if you're good, LadyK may send you a cupcake

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Its nice to seem some new blood, especially this time of the year.

Welcome, and enjoy.

FishHog

A

·
0 Posts
Welcome PurpleZRT, nice to see more ZRTs popping up.  Enjoy the forum.  Don't worry about the Polaris, in 94 I bought a Formula Plus and got rid of it in a year.

No offense guys.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
That was the last year for the PRS chassis you should have known better

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Hi and welcome to the best Snowmobile forum, but you will find that out by yourself soon enough  !

Its great that all the newbies post a greating message, it should be something you have to do when you sign up!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Welcome Purple,
  We do need posts in the yami forum. But Revrnd was wrong, we're thinking of our new RX-1's that will be spanking him this winter after there figured out.

Caleb

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
FLMS stands for Forest Lake Motorsports and their version of a stock sled is guite abit dif than everybodyelses. Thus the joke FLMS stocker.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
C'mon in, grab a chair, the beers in the fridge, and join in the fun.

This place rocks, and I think that I've become a certified addict.  

·
Registered
752 Posts
Welcome PurpleZRT , even though your a cat fan we'll still let you in ...lol . Nice to see the new members actually posting and getting involved in the community, not to mention even thinking snowmobiling in June , welcome aboard  !!!

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Welcome to the insane asylum Purple ZRT. The doctor will be around shortly to pass out straight jackets and meds to keep you calm untill snow flies and later there will be cupcakes and koolaid for everyone

So untill snow flies sit back and enjoy the ride

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Wolfman,
  I can't remember what you do for a living that it keeps you from moving to the snow life. You've said you won't make as much in the great snowey north if you moved.
Caleb

·
Registered
741 Posts
Welcome purple Zirt. I also think the cat 600 sound the best. I have had two 96 zrt600's and now hav a 99 zrt600, with the following. Blck magic mono block head sleeper kit, withv-force reeds, D&D pipes and clutch kit, power breather, gearing, dial adjust front shock, digitron gauges, 192 studs, I have a set o bored (39.5) carbs but am taking them off, as I ridemostly in the oods and don't see much advantage with them. Mineis alos green with a green zr seat also. This year the sled will probably sit a little more as I have a zr900 on order and have a basement full of goodies already. Kevin

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sled Dogg @ June 11, 2002, 8:02pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wolfman,
  I can't remember what you do for a living that it keeps you from moving to the snow life. You've said you won't make as much in the great snowey north if you moved.
Caleb[/b][/quote]
I monitor the nationwide (former GTE) phone switch network for Verizon telecommunications.

The job is about as much of a cakewalk as one can get, and I get paid well over $20/hr to do it.  I could get a job working in a central office, but that would have me working overnight hours, and I don't get along well with those kinds of hours.

My other anchor is my house.  It was not liveable when I bought it as the previous owner ran a dog pound out of the place - letting the dogs literally shred the place.  It is in much better shape now, but it still scares people with no floors over the concrete pad, and still needing large amounts of exterior work before I can even begin to paint the place.  Funding to complete the work has been a barrier, not to mention free time.  It is going to cost me several thousand dollars to put a floor down.  

I am also very close to vesting a pension with my current employer, so I must get to that point before I do anything serious in the regards to relocating.

Some things just take time, and I'll likely get the opportunity to move north sometime in the not too distant future, all I can do right now is wait................

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Welcome to snowmobileworld.  The members here are great.  They are helpful and fun to talk to.  This site makes the summer go faster.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts