Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much money do you think you spend on an average snowmobiling weekend getaway? My wife and I have been discussing the "cost" of the sport and I was curious what other families spend to support the sport. Thanks  RB

·
Registered
858 Posts
For a 700 km weekend, about 120$ can.   That covers the gas, oil and lunch. I sleep in a tent when I'm planning a 2 day ride so it comes cheaper then going at the motel.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I couldnt possibly say because it depends on where im going or who im going with, somtimes $100 or somtimes $500 but i think the norm is around $200 give or take a little.

·
Registered
524 Posts
For both the wife I, we spend about $5-600US  for a very comfortable  weekend riding fri sat and sunday in canada. It could be more depending on where youre at. Theres no doubt snowmobiling is expensive, my wife has never once given me any grief over any sled expenditures. We buy 1 new sled a year, taking turns getting the new one. With the losses taken on the sleds and all of the other costs involved Id guess I spend between 5 and 8 thousand per year on snowmobiling. I know people who spend that on country club memberships.. jwhat a waste IMO.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
depends ,  if it is a trip to west yellow stone, or just a weekend of dnoemobiling at the hunting cabin,  ect,   what ever the   price it is worth it.

·
Registered
858 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">AC u sleep in a tent what r u an eskimo.lmao.[/b][/quote]

No, just a crazy SOB  

Especially when it's -30

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Also normally when i go on an outing we stay at a cabin because me and all my buddys have cabins somewhere out on the trails.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Us guy's never take the family [they tried it and hated it] so between 3-4 of us spliting truck gas and motel bill and riding all day fri. sat. and 3-4 hours sunday about 2-$220.00.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I think that I'll end up spending 12 to 15 grand this winter including 6K to build my project how I want it, and a trailer and alot of out of state trips.
Caleb

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think the 200 range is a good guess even though I stay at my buddies camp on moosehead lake for free. that is just for me but the count starts when you walk out the door at home till ya have
 to come home..   jeff in nh

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i thought this subject was going to be moved into the top ten lies but everybody is honest so no need for that.

i drove 6 hours to sudbury with my 15 year old son and spent $660.00 for rooms food and gas after 2 nights stay. one day out of that we went 350 miles.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
the tent trick in -30 proves the french babes are hot and AC knows where to find them so lets plan a camping excursion into quebec with AC.  

·
Registered
756 Posts
I live in a smowmobiling area and operate a sled shop, so it's just the gas burned at night on weekends. Shop is open all day sat. open sun. till noon. I usually close on thurs. when the trails are all groomed perfect, normally 4-8 of us go ride from home for 12-14 hours.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Between $200-$600 if it's just me and the boys and that depends on where we go and if it's me and the wife it's $300-
$800 and that also depends on where we end up and how much riding is done

1 - 20 of 27 Posts