Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday Got Canned in the Garage Installing a B&B Trail Silencer.....hats off to them MBRP boys....It went on super easy no Problems what so ever and The thing Sounds UNREAL :devil:
(I know this cause after 8 or 9 silver bullets) we proceded to make a pass in the Grass....All I can say Is WOW.....Let it snow!!!!!!! Pic isn't that good cause of the smoke.....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
I've been seriously considering an MBRP can for my Viper ER. Did you get the race or trail version? which do you recommend and why? how much louder is it? WHat did you pay? $225?

thanks
woody

for sleddin pics from the last 2 years, go to http://www.woodycam.org and click on the photo section.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Woody, I was told the Trail is not as obnoxious as the race can (but the trail believe me is loud enough) and it makes a little power than the race as well. I did it to get a little bit more aggressive sound and save weight on that Factory Briefcase I pulled out, I think I saved like 9 pounds or so. I had a Bender can last year on my SRX....Got 2 tickets for it, so this was a better choice this year, also the B&B sounds quiet at idle but when you Wick it she wakes up and sounds Great!!!
Spanky

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice sled SPANKY! I recently installed a MBRP race can on my 00' zr 500 and man that thing sounds nice. It sounds about the same at idle compared the the stock one, but once you open er up she's got a nice braaaapp to it. It also shaved 10 pounds of the stock one.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Do you have any sound files of your sled now??? Just curious how it sounds. I've been thinking about putting a new can on my 02 for a while now. And I just can't decide which one to get, if any. I dont want to be loud that's for sure. Thanks.

·
1,327 Posts
I've got one on my FZ 700 and I tested with the stock side by side at the cottage this weekend.

I have the Trail version of the MBRP and it definitely has a better sound than the factory but it isn't that much louder.

The factory can on the FZ/MXZ is like a bloody suitcase.

·
Registered
692 Posts
the bender can on a srx wow!! a guy we ride with had one, he went pass me and i just about jumped of my sled! scared the sh1t out of me!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The bender was way to loud...I will post a sound file in this thread of my 800 with the trail B&B..
Spanky
P.S Spud...are you guys planning a trip soon..I'm thinkin Timmins, I will be in New Liskeard For sure New years but maybe in the next few weeks we can hook up in Fergus and Ride to Mt Forest or Arthur...

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I put a trail can on my 02 MXZ 6 and love it. Sounds better and way less weight up front. Didn't care for the fit and durability though. The bracket for the bolt wasn't even close to lining up and it kept breaking off the can. :cussing: But I'll still keep it.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Here's a soundbite of someone who just installed the mBRP trail on his Viper. It's pretty much pushin me to get one finally.

http://home.nycap.rr.com/nm3/Snowmobile/

Zert800, yes the whole home made wine is pretty darned slick. I was primarily a Stag beer drinker and still am, but man do I like to get out a bottle or 5 of my home made wine. I've got concord, mullberry, chambourcin, elderberry, blackberry and apple goin in the basement right now. I'm even growing my own vines now. Addicting like sledding.

check out the web site I built for my home made wine... http://www.winepress.us

1 - 15 of 15 Posts