Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just ordered a 08 NYRTO RTX, gave my 07 Apex to the wife, so I needed a sled so I snowchecked one of these baby's and after hearing about everyone going for the new REV XP, I'm wondering if I have made a bad decision. I've always loved to drive fast, I've owned to Apex's and a RX-1 Turbo, I have no idea what made me buy one of those RTX's. Help a brother out here.
Johnny

·
Registered
293 Posts
So what's the problem, you know with the Nytro there MIGHT be a few small issues with this new model, but nothing major..The sled has proven to be fast and fairly good in the trails and the big bumps....Sure the xp is going to be fast but is it going to hold up??? Time will tell..I think you made the right decision.......

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what's the problem, you know with the Nytro there MIGHT be a few small issues with this new model, but nothing major..The sled has proven to be fast and fairly good in the trails and the big bumps....Sure the xp is going to be fast but is it going to hold up??? Time will tell..I think you made the right decision.......[/b]
Ya, your probably right. I tend to worry to much with certain things. Well see how everything works. I guess it's the first year for the 800R so obviously there is going to be some glitches, etc so, ya, I think I did make a good choice. There will always be aftermarket item's for it if it needs that extra "grunt".

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
buyers remorse

IMO you made the right decision though either sled would have been the right choice

·
Registered
47 Posts
Many readers on here would love to have your dilemna... the Nytro is gonna be a hot seller next year, you just got to the front of the line. The XP will probably be a killer mountain machine, however, there are a lot of folks counting on Doo having fixed the previous problems with the 800r crank and clutch issues. Plus with the addition of so many chassis inovations it's probably inevitable that some problem(s) will pop up. I am buying mountain machines this year. I really wanted to stay with Yamaha, however, at 545# and 11k I am looking at the Summit. It's 100# lighter and over a grand cheaper. Just not sure if I want to be another test rider for such a radical new chassis. On the flip side if it turns out to be the machine most think it will, it ought to be an awesome season next year. I am buying two so my risk of a bad investment doubles....

·
Registered
657 Posts
When I sunk money into my Fusion, I was still awhile thinking "Did I make the right deicsion? Should I have purchased that Rev that I wanted?" but... the Fuse grew on me. Especially when I discovered they stopped making it. :)

The machine you've ordered, should not let you down. I've never known Yamaha to let people down. I can't say it's the best machine 'cause I've never owned one!!! LOL. But once you adapt to it, ya either love it or hate it. And if ya fall in love with it, you'll love it forever! :) Stick with it man, I think you'll love it :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts