Snowmobile World banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've dealt with this dealer for about seven years now and haven't really had a major problem with them,untill now.I called them about a month ago to find out about bringing my 800 in for the recall.They knew nothing about it.It wasn't the first time that I knew something before they did,thanks to this web site.I called them again this past week and asked them if they had the piston kits in yet and was told that they just got the kits in but I couldn't bring my sled in yet.I was told to take it to another dealer and get it fixed.After seven years this is what I got.There are other dealers in my area and I've taken my baby to another dealer.I'll have my sled back this week.
My shadow will never darken their door again.Aberfoyle snowmobiles in aberfoyle Ontario will nver see me again. :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

·
Registered
530 Posts
LOL...They are crap!, I love the lady whos behind the counter....Knows nothing about sleds or accessories.
Try March bros, Not sure if there anygood but there still close by.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I feel your pain ZR800 :cussing: alot of dealers are shmucks,not all but some,,,,,,,,why did they steer you away like that,,,,,,,,,,theres got to be a reason,,,,,,,,,maybe they felt that another dealer could service your sled faster if they only had enough piston kits for sleds they had there already???????????????? good luck with new dealer

·
Registered
285 Posts
Funny you should say that-I too have dealt there for about 6 years. Over the years I have probably dealt with 15 dealers at one time or another. I find Glenn and Mary to be two of the nicest people I have came across in 20 odd years of buying sleds. Glenn and his mechanic have gone well out of their way on more than one occasion to make me happy. Mary may not be the most knowledgeable person about sleds, but so what. Life is a two way street. I know, I have been in business. I wonder how you treated them when you had a problem. As you are aware, they are a small shop, and are extremely busy right now assembling sleds. Bear in mind, dealers are getting 0.8 hours to do the piston recall, so they are not exactly tripping over themselves to do it when they have 40 crates outside. They have been in business for more than 25 years, and sell as many sleds out of that little shop as Warp 9. That should be evidence that not everyone agrees with your opinion, and I for one certainly do not. Not slagging you, I just think Glenn deserves stories from both sides of the fence.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chubby's right about Mary she doesn't know very much but that really doesn't matter.Glen is cheap that's why my sled is at Marsh Bros. getting done right now.Buck is a nice guy but doesn't get a chance to ride.Tell me how you can be a full service shop if you don't ride what you sell.If you don't care about the performance of your sled or maybe you're the type of person that rides a four stroke touring sled then it's the perfect place for you.If you like being left out in the cold about recalls and updates then it's the perfect dealer for you.I don't fit in to any of these catagories.The bottom line is that if you don't ant to service what you sell than maybe you in the wrong business. :cussing: :hallo1:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good thing you dont live were i live because if they tell you to go to a nother dealer you have to drive 1 hour to the nearest one and there is only one. That is crappy that they told you that

·
Registered
285 Posts
Well, I personally have not had a problem with the service there, have had lots of warranty work done on a zirt and a zr8, so I guess its true what they say. Opinions are like [email protected]@[email protected]'s got one.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes Rick I bought the sled from there.That's why I expected a little more from them.I didn't expect to be blown off like that.Marsh Bros.took my sled in no problem and there not my dealer.The most that I've ever spent there was fifty bucks.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Strange, could it be he was just far too busy and sent you elsewhere in an attempt to get you better service? If that was the case its too bad he didn't take the time to explain himself.
I've heard nothing but good things about Aberfoyle, some other dealers here in Ontario.......well thats another story.
Good luck, sounds like you've found the next place you'll be buying a sled.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My buddy got screwed by Aberfoyle also.A few years ago he bought a new ZRT600 from them and a 1 year old 440 for his wife,plus about $1200 in accesorys(clothing etc).The first time the 440 was used the speedo did not work,the drive was broke.When my friend called back he was basically told to pound salt,that sled was used.Glen did not want to cover the $18 part after my buddy spent lots of cash,didnt even want to go 50/50 on the cost.So ZR you are not the only 1 to have problems there.I think its time to find a new dealer.I've heard from other Cat guys that Marsh Bros are very customer friendly. :devil:

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Ony 1 hour to the dealer aint bad. My nearest dealer that is fair priced is about 2 hours and i travel 3 hours to mine... its a pain but the fact is that the guy here on long island wants 800-1000 more for a sled that i can buy upstate and he has 18 year old kids turning wrenches on machines they have never driven.... i agree with redfirecat... dealers know that problems can happen, they expect that a certain number of sleds should come back every year.... one problem i had with my ZRT the guy called me ahead of time in sept and said that he had the parts in and if i could just bring it in early it would help him get them all out of the way... You shouldnt sell more then you can handle. Theres a shop in Cobleskill NY called norms sales and service... this guy orders only like 40 sleds every year cause he knows that about all he can handle, when i say small shop i mean small shop. but the guy has never turned me away

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now that I've blown off a little steam I don't doubt that they were busy.It's the season for it I guess,but I should have been told something.Now it's time to get something straight.I never said that I bought the sled new so when the rats on snowmobile world run to Aberfoyle crying they should make sure that they get the story straight.They're good people up there but that was a bad way to be treated. : :( :( :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had a similiar situation with me except I live in Michigan. I took my sled to the dealer to get the chokes adjusted and dried. I was having some problems with my choke freezing and breaking levers. They charged me $90 to take them out and dry them and readjust everything. At the time, this seemed reasonable because I didnt know jack about the choke, plus I was going up to the U.P. and wanted something that was reliable. Anyway, they fixed it (supposively) and when I got up there and started my sled up the lever was frozen. :cussing: So when I got back home I took the sled back and had them fix it again and they had the nerve to charge me $35 I told them that I thought is was BS that they were making me pay. But heck, I wanted my sled back! They told me that I need to use my cover. I pointed out to my snowmobile and it had a cover on it and they said maybe I need a better one. So I told them that maybe I need to buy a Ski doo cover to go over my factory Cat cover. They just looked at me all puzzled. So I dont go back to that place anymore.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a dealer once( kawartha cat house) went there in August to see when my new zr would be in only to find the building empty. turns out he went out of business without telling customers. If I ever see him or his wife they may recieve a free b-slap. :cussing:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.