Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a quick ? I have a '91 formula mx that will soon be in need of a new track. I was looking through royal distributing cataloge and it says that my track should be a 16" wide track with a 2.52 pitch 121" long. It says where the part # should be that it takes a type 121 track but all the type 121 tracks are only 15" wide (same pitch). Now my ? is will these tracks fit?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yes. I am running a fifteen wide on my '94 Mach 1. the OEM was 16" wide. I would rather have the 15" as I would assume it is lighter and will accelerate quicker and use less fuel. Less floatation in deep powder and open water though if thats important too you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks good to know. Floatation is somewhat important but I think it would be a fair trade off if I can get bigger lugs than OEM.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
just get an ultimate Traxtion 1 inch track 15x121

you sled will love you

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking something more like a 1.5" lug highet. I don't do a whole lot of trail riding so I think I would benifet more from a deeper lug.

·
Registered
83 Posts
1.5x121 good combo. Had that on my 500 for years. Just switched to a 1.25x136, and the loss of .25 lug I can feel it in the powder. DOesn't sink as much when I stop/go slow, but it does not climb as well either. The track is just pushing less snow.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
1.5 will NOT fit

the clearance on those MXs is not much

even 1.25 would be pusking it

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I realize that I would have to get smaller sprockets but even after this will it still not fit?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts