Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering how this unit mounts... do you have to drill holes and install screws/bolts that will be visible from the outside of the bellypan side panels in order to mount it? I'm looking to carry some extra oil on-board a 02 Z SnoPro that only has a 1.8qt. oil tank.... compared to the normal 4.0qt. of the rest of the sleds....  Any input?  Thanks.
-JPL

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I had the 2 qt holder in my ZRT for years and never had any problems...was able to use bolts already there, did not have to drill...simply remove a couple nuts, slide the holder over a couple bolts, and put the nuts back on.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have one from my 98 ZR that I thought of putting on a 00 ZR or my 03 ZR when it gets here, but I think it will require drilling on the ZR's.  It just bolted on to the ZRT.  Not sure if I really need it for the sled, but I do use it to start fires and to have a back up for myself and others.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jim,

Thanks for the reply.  What year was your ZRT?  I'm guessing it had a wrap-around side 'bumper', wich had bolts that held that bumper on?  The sled that I am thinking about putting this on has no side bumper and has no exsisting hardware on the sides....
-JPL

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
You're right JPL, it was a '96 and the bolts were for the bumper.  Haven't tried to put one on my ZR yet because the oil consumption is much better than the ZRT was, so I really don't need to carry extra oil....Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts