Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

It seems to me that some people had installed a console mounted switch for the fuel setting on your sled last season so that a person wouldn't have to open the hood to 'hook' and 'un-hook' the designated wired for fuel type. I also have done this, but need some clarification on how this set-up works, so try to hang with me here... It seems that it would be so simple(it's just a 2-way switch, run an extension of each wire to a 2-way toggle switch ....) or maybe I am putting more thought into it that really needs to be, but I'm hoping between all of us this can be cleared up.

Here is the situation:

The sled(02ZR800CC) states that for standard gas, the wires are to be connected. For oxygenated fuels, have wires dis-connected. I was curious why when my switch on the console is in the "OFF" position, I get a reading of 6.8 ohms and when it is in the 'ON' position, I get a reading of 0 ohms. If I un-hook the switch at the ECU and put the tester between the 2 wires out of the ECU, I also get a reading of 6.8 ohms. witch, unless I am mistaken, that would be the simulation of having these 2 wires connected. Can someone please explain this situation, I am simply trying to figure this out so that I know what condition is being created when I have the switch in the 'ON & 'OFF' position.

If any more info is needed to try to figure this out, just ask and I will provide. Thanks a bunch!
-JPL

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
??? Is there any performance gains when hooking and unhooking the wires or is it strictly just for fuel reasons??? I had read somewhere that a guy installed a head, pipe , gutted his airbox, on the 02 800 EFI and unhooked the fuel wire for all this stuff to work!! I am just curios, as i have never to9uched the wires before !! :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Basically, when the wires are un-hooked, it acts as running 1 main jet size bigger(for oxygenated fuels). JPL

·
Registered
315 Posts
So basically you richen the mixture with the wire unhooked. Some bonehead told me it was the oposite way around. I tried to tell him that it wouldn't make sense to lean the mixture with oxygenated fuel.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IRON WILL,

You are exactly right, when you 'un-hook' the wire, you richen the fuel delivery system for oxygenated fuels.
-JPL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts