Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Ski doo Grand Touring SE 800 triple. The accessory fuse has blown and it controls all the accessories including the instrument cluster, brake lights, hand warmers and thumb warmer. Before this happened I noticed the park brake light slightly illuminated on the instrument cluster. Does anyone know of this problem if it is common or does anyone have an electrical schematic diagram for the CK3 chassis of my sled? Need help. Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is it true on these sleds that if the oil level is low the brake and oil light will come on?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know of a common concern with the accessory fuse blowing on this sled? Brake light on dash was half illuminated before this happened. Any clues would definately help out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know of a common concern with the accessory fuse blowing on this sled? Brake light on dash was half illuminated before this happened. Any clues would definately help out.[/b]
I actually got around to talking a look at my sled. It had a short circuit in the accessory fuse circuit. The concerns leading up to the event were a slightly illuminated brake indicator light on the dash. A week later the accessory fuse burned open circuit and I lost my cluster, hand warmers, and lights. I traced the problem down to the brake light circuit. The black/yellow ground wire for the brake lights was shorting out against the yellow brake light wire. This is located inside the metal tubing from the brake light to just under the seat. I disconnected the connector and the problem went away. Now I have to repair the shorted harness. If anyone else has this concern I hope this might be the same problem you are experiencing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts