Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found a AD Boivin front suspension kit for Ski-Doo (adsa) suspension. The kit relcates the radius rod location. They claim better handeling with less ski lift and reduced body roll. I thought I might try it for only $60. Has anyone ever used it?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Mudweiser,
I hope to here more on this also but
I have put the kit on this summer and I have not tried it yet.(no snow).I hope it works good?Heres a picure :sly:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Rust!! I cant stand it! Paint! Get Paint! :hallo1: :( :0:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats exactly what the kit is. For $60 it's worth a shot. If it works it should great, also added precision skis, haven't rode it in snow yet........

·
Registered
227 Posts
I know, I know.I have to update my picture.I have it finished now. :thumbsup: ;)

·
Registered
227 Posts
It's a 99 mxz 600,
I do alot of trailering to tug hill.
Boy I can't wait to change that pic to my newer one.Holy caboly :nervous: :nervous: :0:

·
Registered
72 Posts
baddude, How did this kit perform once you had a chance to try it out? How much did it reduce the ski lift? Did it corner flatter and stay on track or did it tend to push in the corners?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Rosco,
I can not answer you truthfully because I put the mbrp kit on at the same time with an M-10(everyone knows what that does).But I can say there is no ski lift at all and corners FLAT.It now corners like my buddies 2000 SRX.But anyway I think money well spent.Sorry I can't narrow it down for you but it handels AWSOME! :D
Baddude

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Originally posted by Mikadoo@Nov 9 2002, 11:09 AM
Rust!!  I cant stand it!  Paint! Get Paint!  :hallo1:  :(  :0:
looks like the whole trailing arm should come right off. bath the sled after every ride and that will never happen. :blush:

mudweiser,
for $60.00 you could pay to have that kit installed and be as cheap as retail anywhere else without installation.

·
Registered
72 Posts
baddude, I just took another look at your picture and realised that the Ski doo kit relocates both the upper and lower rod's, how far out did this incresa the overall ski stance? I am concerned with this kit I won't fit on the trailer any more.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am very interested in this subject, can anyone aswer on increased ski stance and handling opinions?

·
Registered
645 Posts
I am very interested in this subject, can anyone aswer on increased ski stance and handling opinions?
Me too!

There doesn't seem to be too much info on it on the Bovin site (at least last time I checked).

·
Registered
790 Posts
I don't know if this is the same kit or not, but on page 234 of teh Royal Distributing catalog, there is a widening kit for some Skidoos and Polarises (sp?). It advertises a 2.5 inch increase in ski stance. If you don't have a catalog, go to their website at royaldistributing.com

Hope this helps somewhat

1 - 16 of 16 Posts