Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting a 121 or a 136 XPERT-X  for my project ZX/809 sled. I'd like to hear from those who have actually rode them. I won't buy a M-10 so please don't try to sway me that way. And What sort o f deals have you seen? I only see them for 1500US with the mounting kit. Lets hear LabradoreBoy!!!
Caleb

·
Registered
310 Posts
whats wrong with the M10?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First darn post is about the M-10 go figure. It can not take the abuse I'll give it nor will it give me the top speed I desire. It ratchets and doesn't transfer weight. I want a set and pound the heckout of it rear skid that can take the severe landings i'll put it through.  I don't want a darn pissing match here. i used the M-10 and it is not for me or any hard charger period. There's a reason You haven't ever seen it on a seriose ditch banger. Even Fast redid it and made a new model for the blade. I'll go stock or the XPERT-X only! Period!!!!!!!!
Caleb

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
7 weeks and ill have mine

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got off the phone with Rich. He has 9 left in variouse lenghts. He has the 121" for $1,250 and 1,390 for the 136". Not sure on the longer ones. He is going to the Novi show in Nov and alot of guys are picking them up there to save on shipping he said.
Caleb

·
Registered
283 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sled Dogg @ Sep. 03, 2002, 10:22pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm thinking of getting a 121 or a 136 XPERT-X  for my project ZX/809 sled. I'd like to hear from those who have actually rode them. I won't buy a M-10 so please don't try to sway me that way. And What sort o f deals have you seen? I only see them for 1500US with the mounting kit. Lets hear LabradoreBoy!!!
Caleb[/b][/quote]
Caleb,

The Expert X is still in limited build quantities since we have been concentrating more of our resources on Snow Hawk production and our stellar customer service program.  We pride ourselves on being the KTM of the snowmobile industry by offering a very personalized and individual service that we feel is the best in the industry. I'm sure those here who have dealt with me personally will back that up.  

Since I too am a snowmobiler and I have ridden the Expert X myself, I'd like to give my impressions of the skid.  The first time I ever rode the Expert X was on the third generation Snow Hawk prototype (the red and black one) on a rutted up, bare, frozen corn field back when we still used the peaky 440 fan.  My first impression of the skidframe was unbelievable.  When I jumped on the 'Hawk and gassed it across some of these 2' deep whoops, I suppose I really wanted to see where the limit was, but I just couldn't bottom it.  The thing ATE these moguls time and time again.  The more I gassed it, the better it soaked up the junk.  Before I knew it, I was sweaty and tired from a 45 minute bashing of Mr. Boivin's prized prototype and very, very impressed.  Since that day, I've tested every rendition of the Expert X and the feeling is the same.  Spend a morning ride to become familiar with what each adjustment does to the ride and you will be set for the entire winter.  The X truly is an amazingly durable and beautifully crafted suspension that works very well in a wide range of conditions, from Sno-X to trail burning.

I could go on and on, but I'd rather respond to questions as they arise.  I do not want to sound like a salesman, because I'm not, I just believe in the product and its design from my personal experience using and punishing it.  

As for a deal, you'll have to talk to Sales if you want to work out something.  Perhaps if you organized a group buy, it would be to your advantage.  I will mention, however, that we are selling VERY fast, so if you want one, reserve one soon.

I'm sure your 809 ZX project would look sweet with an Expert X underneath it.  I've attached a few photos from my personal collection for you to view.  The 121" photo is a little bit blurry, but the others are fine.  Enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts