Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain this to me in leahmans terms? I am kinda new to sleddin and I just bought my 2nd sled a 02 zr800ccefi, and it has an adjustment for the front shock. Now for the life of me I keep reading the instructions and keep getting confused!!! Can anyone with experience with these help me out?
??

What is the best setting for shreddin? Cruisin?

HELP!!!HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well man you are talking about the "The Knob". This adjuster allows you to adjust the amount of ski pressure while you are riding. For instance if you are shreddin up a tight twisty trail, you would turn the adjustment in or clockwise to put more weight on the skis which makes for awsome handling but will hurt your top speed. And for instance that tight twisty crosses a lake or field where you can run flat out you can turn the knob out or counter clock wise which reduces the ski pressure which makes for vapor trail speeds but poor handling in the corners. You will not be able to feel what it does sitting in the garage, but you will think it is the best thing since sliced bread when you run an 800 XC down the trail and accross the lake.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect explanation, I could vizualize it perfectly!!! Now all we need is the snow! PLEASE?!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
No problem. The front skid shock adjuster when turned to the right will increase your ski pressure by shortening up the front shock. I normally run with the adjuster turned almost all the way out.  On tight or icey trails where more ski bite would be required  I  turn it in no more than a turn or so. It you find you still need more bite check your limiter strap adjustement and your carbides. Some claim you can turn it in as far as you want but it only leads to premature shock, adjuster or hose failures plus a crappy ride. Once your back on the more open trails crank it back out to loosen the sled back up. Once you use it for a ride or two it becomes second nature to adjust it on the fly. I've had the adjustable shock on my last three ZR's and love it.  Rick.  Guess I was a little long winded as a couple of posts popped up in between.

·
Registered
131 Posts
really in leahmans terms all it does is shorten the stroke of the shock.be carfully not to pound bumps with it cranked in they tend to blow seals.
i really have no use for them, sales gimik. if the sled is set up right you don't need it .i turned mine into a cross link ,all the parts are there to switch it over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts