Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to add electric start to an 07 Renegade with the 600SDI engine?

It should already have a battery right?

Is the handle bar start button already on it?

I have found a reasonable deal on a leftover new 07 Renegade 600SDI and I am considering buying it. It does not have electric start and I think I might like electric start! I really like riding my 05 GSX and maybe a Renegade too!

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
You may have to install the ring gear as well. Looks like it goes on behind the clutch - may have to take off the primary. I thought the e-start needed a bigger battery, but the parts list only has one shown with no distinction between the two...

I figured the 600 is easy enough to pull over that I would skip it this time. If I get a 800 or 1000 I might look into it more seriously.

dave

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
You will also need a larger battery.

Jeff

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for your responses.

Surprised to hear it would need a larger battery......

Anyways, the deal feel through. Price kept creeping up, to the point that an 08 is looking more attractive!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
How hard is it to add electric start to an 07 Renegade with the 600SDI engine?

It should already have a battery right?

Is the handle bar start button already on it?
I have found a reasonable deal on a leftover new 07 Renegade 600SDI and I am considering buying it. It does not have electric start and I think I might like electric start! I really like riding my 05 GSX and maybe a Renegade too![/b]
It's do able. You use the current RER / Start button included on the non electric start model and install the starter kit which includes wires and starter relay and clutch ring gear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts