Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to add handwarmers to my 89 formula MX. If i am reading the schematic correctly from a similar 89, they would tie in to the yl/bk and yl. They similar sled uses the yl/bk from the tail light and the yl from the tach. If these are the correct wires, could i just slice into any yl.bk and yl under the hood, or would I have to be a certain series.

Anyone with experience doing this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put a set of Hotgrip brand on my '88 Formula MX last season and they work great. You are correct about using the yellow and yellow/black wires, although when I did mine I stayed away from using the tach wires since the tach has a small fuse in it and I didn't want to alter any power draw in that circuit. The grip mfgrs instructions are here and they have brand specific notations. For the ski doo they will reiterate the use of the yellow and yellow/black wires. Follow the instructions, solder the joints, do a neat job, and they will work well. On mine the headlight is slightly dim at an idle but brightens right up as soon as the throttle is even slightly moved.
Hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts