Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I measured the amount of oil I added for my last tank of fuel I calculated it to be around 25:1 ratio. I added 500mL after filling 13L into the tank. My understanding that you want to be adding 1L per tank about 50:1 ratio. the markings on then oil pump line up exactly, and I've installed a spring which encourages the lever to relign the markings with ease when you let off the throttle. What do I need to change to get my ratio closer to 50:1? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
When I measured the amount of oil I added for my last tank of fuel I calculated it to be around 25:1 ratio. I added 500mL after filling 13L into the tank. My understanding that you want to be adding 1L per tank about 50:1 ratio. the markings on then oil pump line up exactly, and I've installed a spring which encourages the lever to relign the markings with ease when you let off the throttle. What do I need to change to get my ratio closer to 50:1? Thanks.[/b]
You'll need a mirrror and a flashlight LOL.

Check the alignment between the lever and the oil pump (sometimes there's a line sometimes a dot). Back off the adjustment till the arm line (dot) is below the pump mark after you have syncronized the carbs and set the base idle. If you need a spring to return the pump arm you should remove the pump and disassemble it and find out why. Usually the pivot which the arm mounts on has varnish on the bearing and seal and sometimes its worn out causing high oil consumption.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll need a mirrror and a flashlight LOL.

Check the alignment between the lever and the oil pump (sometimes there's a line sometimes a dot). Back off the adjustment till the arm line (dot) is below the pump mark after you have syncronized the carbs and set the base idle. If you need a spring to return the pump arm you should remove the pump and disassemble it and find out why. Usually the pivot which the arm mounts on has varnish on the bearing and seal and sometimes its worn out causing high oil consumption.[/b]

Thanks TD. I thought the lines were suppose to line up exactly. On mine I have line on both the arm and the pump. I use a spring because I don't trust the throttle cable, it seems like its stretched out somewhat and thats why the arm wont pull back ( know I should replace the throttle cables, but its so cold out in the garage now hahaha). When the markings are lined up I think they are t a perfect 90degree angle, how far back should I adjust the arm line (88, 85, 80, etc. dgrees)? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Thanks TD. I thought the lines were suppose to line up exactly. On mine I have line on both the arm and the pump. I use a spring because I don't trust the throttle cable, it seems like its stretched out somewhat and thats why the arm wont pull back ( know I should replace the throttle cables, but its so cold out in the garage now hahaha). When the markings are lined up I think they are t a perfect 90degree angle, how far back should I adjust the arm line (88, 85, 80, etc. dgrees)? Thanks.[/b]
I would keep backing up untill it seizes, then your too far LOL

Go 2 mm at a time watching your oil consumption. Keep in mind the pump type you have is a zero oil delivery at idle (just fuel lubes it) so the marks are just a reference.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would keep backing up untill it seizes, then your too far LOL

Go 2 mm at a time watching your oil consumption. Keep in mind the pump type you have is a zero oil delivery at idle (just fuel lubes it) so the marks are just a reference.[/b]

How will I know when its seized? haha jjks!!! Thanks for input, will do!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts