Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I think I've found a good deal, but frankly can't find much info. on this sled.
I'm looking for a solid "2nd" sled for my wife/friends to use. It's an Arctic
Cat Z 570 SS -200 miles , great condition for $3,400. On the surface, does
this seem like a good buy...? Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
If it really only has 200 miles I would say it is a good deal I was lookind at leftover 02s for over $4000 .... I have seen many sleds where people have un hooked the speedometer so they wont rack up the miles :devil:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2002 Z 570 ESR and I love it!

I can ride the twisty trails and leave my Renegade buddies behind...until the first straight away :) ! On the lake it won't run with the liquids but as a second sled it would rock... If your wife is a real experienced sledder you may want to get a LC sled, if she's a moderate rider it would be perfect. If she's a beginner it actually might be too much...

Some facts...

I hit 90 mph on the speedo. Get about 14-15 mpg. I ride pretty aggressively when I can and I have only bottomed it out once. I weight about 160 lbs. Mine is NOT ss version though. Skis like to dart a little, and the suspension adjustments are minimal, again NOT ss. BUT, I still think it is more fun on trails than the bigger sleds! You can really toss it around...

Though about going up to a ZR 600 CC edition that I coulda got on trade plus a little cash, but it had no reverse. Call me soft but I wouldn't have a sled without it. I don't think the ss has reverse so you may want to think about that... a day of movin your wife's sled around no matter how light wears pretty thin. Oh yah, one other perk with this sled is the windshield protection...it is awsome! To be honest that and the reverse were the biggest reasons I didn't go to a new sled this year. I took my buddies Gade for a spin on a nasty day dressed as I usually do and almost froze to death! I use to wonder why they had to wear balaclavas sp? and modular helmets... while I could get by with a cheap helmet and no neck protection. Your wife would probably appreciate that.

Not sure about the price but I got mine new for 5800 cdn plus tax., again ESR not ss.

I don't think you will be disappointed with this sled. And if you are riding twisty trails...you may find that you will be coming up with reasons why your wife should ride YOUR sled instead :sly:

Cheers

·
Registered
357 Posts
Get it. That's a great price. I have a Z570SS and so does my wife. The sled handles great in all conditions. It has excellent power for a fan and great hole shots. The SS suspension is soft and stiffens right up when you hit the big bumps and jumps.l

·
Registered
403 Posts
Make sure(if possible) that the ss suspention is working correctly. They had problems with it last year. You could even scroll back a few pages into the history here and find out some info on it.

They also bottom out. If you have any weight on ya, that will be a problem in a rough trail scenario. A/C was claiming it wouldn't bottom out and they were anything but right on that one.

I have even seen in a issue here at home in a magazine about problems with the ss skid. I'd have to find it though...(I have my fair share of sled mags).

If everything seems ok and the seller isn't pullin your leg, than it sounds like a pretty good deal I guess.

I guess it really also depends on what kind of riding you do. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
357 Posts
They only bottom out if the ss isn't working. As I said, I have two. One bottoms out and the other doesn't. My dealer is fixing the one that bottoms out right now. I try to spend as much time catching air as possible and I haven't bottomed mine out yet. My wife doesn't jump much, but bottoms out on rough trails, and she only weighs 112lbs.

Yes, ask if the ss is working. If it's not make the guy take it to the dealer before you buy. If the ss isn't working you have basically a ZL setup.

·
Registered
403 Posts
They still bottom out even if they are working-fact.

Even on the stiffest programmed setting, it still isnt up to zr or sno-pro valving.

Even stock sno-pro sleds bottom out from time to time--it's unavoidable in certain situations.

·
Registered
357 Posts
True. Even the ZR or sno pro will bottom, but that is when they are ridden in such a manner. Most complaints that I've seen on the SS bottoming out were while trail riding and hitting some big bumps, not jumps. If your SS bottoms out while hitting just big bumps on the trail you've got a problem, because it shouldn't. Mine doesn't, and I weigh 190. My wife's does and she weighs only 112, so obviously hers isn't working.

I'm no expert on suspensions, I just thought I had some valuable input because I own two sleds with the SS suspension and have a combined 1500 miles of trail riding between the two.

Obviously Cat has some problems with the suspension, but I still would buy it again.

Pray for snow!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm sure after another revamp of the ss skid, a/c will have it down pat (next generation).

I also pray for snow...hopefully the big guy in the sky will grant our wish! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts