Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked if anybody had run the comet 108exp cluch on a vmax 700 a while back, I have one comming ina week or so. I have read some info on vintage vmax about problems with the size of the sheaves, mainly they were larger than stock and couldnt fully shift and would tear up belts and and rob tons of power. I belive this was an issue on mid 80s early 90s sleds, I havent found much info on the 99s. Any info would be greatly appriciated. All you canadians enjoy the snow, where all jealouse here in newengland. Its been 2 years since we had a decent season.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Comet Clutch?

I asked if anybody had run the comet 108exp cluch on a vmax 700 a while back, I have one comming ina week or so. I have read some info on vintage vmax about problems with the size of the sheaves, mainly they were larger than stock and couldnt fully shift and would tear up belts and and rob tons of power. I belive this was an issue on mid 80s early 90s sleds, I havent found much info on the 99s. Any info would be greatly appriciated. All you canadians enjoy the snow, where all jealouse here in newengland. Its been 2 years since we had a decent season.
How did this work out for you? I need to replace my clutch and have thought about the Comet 108exp I also have a vmax 700 99.

your comments are appreciated.

thank you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts