Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there was a thread on this lately, but I went back 17 pages and couldn't find it, so sorry for starting another one. The latest copy of SnowGoer has test of stock vs. StreetGlow vs. Brite
Lites headlights, on all 4 manufacturer's sleds. On every sled except Yammi, high beams were better w/stock bulbs. Low beams
were about equal to aft/mkt except on the DOO, then the Brite Lites were better. What I got out of the article is keep the stock bulbs and save $$. However, they did mention a Lead Dog head-
light, which mounts on your helmet and is wired to your sled...
sounds kinda interesting.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
It depends on what lights they tested. The blue light type are marketing bs for honda types. But the Xenon gas filled are the best. I know the top car light mnfg make them. These are the ones i'd buy. They are like 20-40 each I believe but well worth it.
Caleb

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I have said it before and I will say it again. The PIAA super whites make a huge difference. Dont buy the gay blue ones,get the white ones. Cost is $30-$40. No disappointments with these. Well worth it ! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Last winter the OPP in Ontario were ticketing people on sleds for tinted bulbs, even "blue". The MSV Act says the headlight must be white.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I've thought of buying some aftermarket bulbs but I decided against it, the bulb on the phazer is bright enough for me, and I don't want to hurt oncoming sledders eye's :(

·
Registered
900 Posts
I put the High Output bulbs on both mine and my wife's and i really didn't notice much difference..mind you they weren't the top of the line $40 jobbies either.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I heard about the Sylvania SilverStar bulbs, supposed to be the best? I'm going to check to see if they make them for sleds! I know they make them for trucks($29.95 each). I had a set of those blue bulbs for my last Mxz, they were ok, not worth the $20.00 a bulb!!

FZ700

·
Registered
448 Posts
WHERE OH WHERE, do you find these bulbs in Ont.??? This is my major complaint with my sled. My headlight sucks!! I might as well be using a flashlight to see!

Now granted, I'm comparing a '97 headlight to the new ZR 3 bulb headlights. But if there is a nice bright bulb, I'd like it, even @ $40-. If it really is brighter, I think it'd be worth the $$ to try.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Some guys add spot beam type lights FROM PIAA. Just keep them aimed at the ground.
Caleb

·
Registered
310 Posts
Where do I get the PIAA, or xenon bulbs for my DOO??

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Closer to when I go riding I'll be buying some Xenon bulbs from Royal Distributing for my Mach 1. 2 100/80 bulbs should light up the night fairly well...even through a red light cover ;) :p

(I think the Xenon bulbs at Royal are a tint...not actual Xenon bulbs...but I'm not sure)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts