Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to add a can to my 98 mxz 583. I found a superlite performance mufler for $200 from high perfromance engineering but i am wondering what everybody else runs. If you have had any experience let me know. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I run a DNE (Don Emery) canister on my 670.I did several back to back tests with the stock muffler and changing the settings on my TRA.With the stock muffler the best mphs were with the clickers set on #1 and I was jumpin around from 94-97mph.I put on the DNE canister and it didn't really do much(i didn't expect it too) but then I changed the clickers up to #3 and the sled ran very consistant 99mph run after run.I tried different settings on the clickers but #3 worked the best .This was on a mild spring day.I really like the sound of the canister,not obnoxious but much better than the stock tractor sound.I mainly bought it for the sound and the light weight but the improved performance was a bonus I wasn't expecting.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just bought an MBRP race can. Nice low growl off idle and at higher rpm's and sounds incredible. Kinda loud but Well worth it. 14lbs in weight savings and more throttle response. They claim 3 horse low and mid range, and 1 top end. Cost me 250.00 with shipping.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a MBRP race can. Didnt notice any performance gains, but one thing I did notice is that my plugs look nice and tan colour when I have the can on. But when I put on the stock one, plugs look a little on the rich side. Put the race can back on and the plugs go back to tan.
The can must be doing something!
As for weight savings, I used a fish scale and the MBRP saved 6 pounds.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'm glad you guys are doing what you can to tick people off and get our trails closed down :angry:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey, its too bad they cant shut down the roads and highways because of the stupid and way to f****g loud Harleys in the summer time.
I think the government should start chasing them around ticketing them for excssive noise.
Like that will ever happen!

·
Registered
678 Posts
They do in a lot of places, just not most places in MN or WI. For some reason they get to be exempt from most traffic laws here.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Lots of trails in the western UP lost easments do to load exhaust.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had a DynoPort silencer on my old 97 MXZ670. It really doesn't do anything for performance, but shaved 10 pounds or so off the front end. It did have a nice throatier growl to it, and yet was still quiet enough to drive past a DNR officer without getting a ticket.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The HPS and "Thing" exhaust cans are dual chamber and work to give power on the soundwave principle. They are both very close to stock sound levels. Especially at cruising speeds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts