Snowmobile World banner

Aftermarket Company Needed

2K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Hardcore & Pimped Out 
#1 ·
Arctic Cat has Black Magic and D&D.
Polaris has Hotseat
Yamaha has Bender.

Who does Ski-Doo have?
Sure there are companies out there that make stuff for Skidoo but we need something more! We need a company that deals with ONLY Skidoo! Like what Arctic Cat has!

#6 ·
Cool, 500 ft land speed record! Why that what snowmobiling is all about, I love going out for that long ride of 500 ft.

Get a grip pal!
My point to the 120's is that at least there is a company out there that is dedicated to a manufacturer and their clients.
Whats wrong with 120's anyway?
Are you trying to say that snowmobiling is only for adults?
Sounds very selfish too me!

(Daddy, can I have a mini rev? Not till you grow up and gets some real balls like me!)

#8 ·
Hardcore....lets not start bickering. Its not worth it.

#9 ·
I was not trying to say that NO ONE makes stuff for Skidoo, sure there are some. But no one puts themselves out on the line as much as other companies do for other brands.

Crank shop is one of those companies that makes some stuff for skidoo. But do they make EVERYTHING for Skidoo, NO!

Do they sell clutch kits? Yes! Do they make the kits? NO!
That is my point!

If it is replacable on a Arctic Cat, Black Magic will make it!

This is what Skidoo needs!

#12 ·
I am not saying that they have not made anything for Skidoo. You just dont see them out front and plasterd everywhere like BM and D&D.

One more thing! Anyone can make a sled go fast, but how long till it blows up in your face? What is the point of having a fast sled that requires a engine rebuild every week?

It has to be fast and reliable or it is just a waste of time and money!

#14 ·
Does anyone else have any opinions on this topic since folgers is the only one so far who disagrees. I am getting a little tired of arguing with him.

For some reason he just dosent see that I am not saying that there is nobody that makes products for skidoo. I am just saying that we need some big time spotlight from an aftermarket company.

Look at PSI. They make some outstanding products. But they are trying to dip into each sled brand. To be the best at one thing, you must devote to one thing.

If know one can see what I am trying to say then screw it, I am not arguing over stupid ####!

#15 ·
i think all he is sayin is that a company like black magic goes all out for one manufacturer and that way they can focus solely on making those sleds perform. they have everything u could want for an cat. not that other companies dont have good products for skidoos. but they also make products for other. u cant tell me that focusing on one manufacturer isnt better than doing stuff for all companies

#16 ·
Aftermarket companies spend time and money to bring non skidoo sleds to skidoo performance levels.

Skidoo has almost every record set, I remember last year someone that post on this site i think it was Bill Cudney broke one of those records. Do you really think skidoo needs help with perfromance parts. We seem to be doing just fine.

And where did folgers say anything about women not sledding. All I read was in a other post he said his wife stays at home. Maybe she's not a sledder and doesnt want to go sledding.

Like Rocketman said "Stop bickering" and worry about how your going to get your Mini Z fast enough to beat those 120 polaris's.

#19 ·
I kind of agree with Hardcore. Ski-Doo used to have a close relationship with Fast and Fast did exclusively Doo performance work. After the M-10 came along and when Doo would not give them motors to put in the Blade snowmobiles Fast kind of fell off as a Ski-doo performance leader. It is true that we have plenty of resources for Doo performance but none of them are as well rounded as say black Magic. Ski-Doo should cultivate a close relationship with a performance shop to develop a Ski-doo high performance one stop shop! I even think they should patch things up with Fast and get them back. Those guys are awesome. They are the most capable of being a one stop Ski-Doo performance shop. It is true that Benoit, the Crank Shop, Dyno Port, and Bickford's know how to make Doos fly but they do not have a well rounded offering and they do not advertise like some of the others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.