Snowmobile World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vote while you still have the freedom to vote your honest opinion.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Ignorance at its best. Go back to the michigan law post and read michahicks post.

Government will shut up the loud pipes because of the complaints from the non-sledders that allow us to use their lands.

Lets just hope that all they do is make us quiet the sleds down rather than ban them altogether.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I think it's safe to say that the majority of this site like the aftermarket, give me more power pipes. I am one of them, I think it sounds horney when I am at a club house on the trail or takin a break on the side of the trail and a sled with pipes comes screamin by.  

·
Registered
0 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mighty RX-1 @ Aug. 30, 2002, 09:29am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ignorance at its best. Go back to the michigan law post and read michahicks post.[/b][/quote]
I'm confused! Were you talking about yourself or soemone
else. And one other question....areyou coming to the
bar-b-q this year?  LMAO

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would hate to be the person who votes to give the government the right and then follow up and admit it.  

·
Registered
858 Posts
I would personally go with :

If there is nobody in a 3 km radius, go ahead with the loudest pipe possible, If not, keep a 60 km/hr speed limit to stop giving a bad rep to snowmobilers and to be able to keep our wonderfull trail system as well as respecting others.

But that isn't a choice

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Sixer, did you really mean "horney"?  Hope you do have females in your group when you're in the woods in the middle of nowhere!  

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
AC do you think a speed limit would work,really?most would totally ignore that just look at some of the people you pass on the trail this year,and remember the ones you passed in years past.it is the disrespectful people that will kill the sport not loud sleds.the problem is most of the people that are this way like fast  sleds and they make them loud and disrespect many people ,in the process.now the problem become stereo typing and saying all loud sleds have disrespectfull owners and i know as well as many of you this is not so.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I don't think a speed limit would work, i'm not implying that there should be one, I'm just saying that people with loud pipes should keep the noise down by going slower thus respecting owners of the lands we're ridding on. It's up to the people with loud pipes to smart'n-up (the ones who exagerate). I also wrote that If there's nobody around, then go for it. Since I like to give some throttle once in a while near villages and homes, I prefer not having pipes cause it's too tempting
It all comes out to this; If you can't controle yourself then don't buy one and don't blame the owners of the lands of being too sensible, it's their land after all.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
It's usually the guys with no respect flying down the trail at break neck speedswith the loud pipes brappin anyways.Perhaps a law allowing open season on idiots would make all people concerned about this problem happy  
Actually it was a loud set of pipes that
alerted me to an idiot trying to pass me on a turn going uphill,i
heard his pipes and was able to get my arm out in time to smack him in his helmet.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
This is a no brainer.  It doesn't matter if you run aftermarket pipes, if you like them, or don't like them.  The answer should ALWAYS be to at LEAST to have a choice to run what you want.  If you don't like loud pipes, don't run them.  IMO you can think of loud pipes as guns; guns don't kill people, people do.  Same can be said of the pipes, loud pipes don't ruin the sport or shut down the trails, it's the 'tards out there at 3 am driving irresponsibly(so to speak).
Just my 2 cents though.....;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
I`am with you some people just don`t care were they are when they drop the hammer.I`ll also bet they are the biggest bitches when a harley or something loud goes by there home

·
Registered
120 Posts
what is considered loud depends on the person,what is loud to some is music to my ears!
but it doesn't have to be loud to make ponys,if there is no HP gain there is no need to go louder.

the SLP single on my little ol 700 does just fine to get me where I was never meant to be

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.