Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me find some cheap aftermarket pistons for a 1999 Summit 600? I don't want to spend a lot of money right now I just want to get my engine rebuilt because we have more snow now in northern minnesota than we got all season last year and I want to get out and ride right now!!

1999 mxz 600 is the same engine, i think?

Slightly used pistons would work well too, i will just buy new rings.

Thank You.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Try SPI, available on Ebay or through Gamma Sales. They are good cast units which seem to last and cost between $45 - $55 per kit depending who you buy them from.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Try SPI, available on Ebay or through Gamma Sales. They are good cast units which seem to last and cost between $45 - $55 per kit depending who you buy the from.[/b]

Yep! I run the SPI's in my sled with over 2000 miles on them to date. Before the rings broke in I had 158psi cylinder pressure. Today its right at 165psi. Needless to say the engine is not stock with the added compression. The spi's will do you well

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks guys ill look around a little bit and see what i can find, i just took a quick look at gamma sales and wasnt able to find it but thats because im limited on time right now. im in school and have finals to study for.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found some SPI pistons on ebay. $115 for 2 pistons with shipping. Hopefully they get here soon, cant wait to get it going!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I have two used pistons for you sled, 1/2 hour run time, perfect condition. '
These piston are 0.20 over size(first over)
$60.00 obo

·
Registered
62 Posts
Are SPI pistons different from SPX? I picked up a pair of SPX t-moly series pistons with ceramic tops and moly sides for $90 a piece and these were bought through the dealer. These were 0.010" over but the price should be the same for regular size slugs.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Are SPI pistons different from SPX? I picked up a pair of SPX t-moly series pistons with ceramic tops and moly sides for $90 a piece and these were bought through the dealer. These were 0.010" over but the price should be the same for regular size slugs.[/b]
Yes they are different. When I was looking for SPI's royal was selling the spx and they turned out to be kimpex magnum or something. Apparrently kimpex bought the spx line and made it there own coated line of pistons or something. Either that or roytal is just screwed up. BUt anyways the SPI's are running good so far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts