Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
I installed wolfpack last season in my zr6.

Not really sure if I got MORE hp.  I doubt it.  However it did give a much crisper throttle response.  Even the engine sounds more crisp.  And there is a distince difference in sound when the reeds are fully open as compared to only half open.

newf

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Put V-force on a stock MachZ. Cant say if it's any better or worse for that fact. I do wish I had my $250.00 back!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Have a set of V-Force waiting to install on my ZR6, I'm just hoping a more crisp throttle.  I only have $155 in them so if it's not an overwhelming change I'm not going to be too disappointed.  I've heard from others you get more change in the higher horsepowers/cc sleds.  Don't know till you try.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
on dyno,our mxz 700 showed a 1-2 hp gain with boyesson reeds and 2-3 hp gain with the v-force.the most bang for your buck is the boyesson reeds.the gains were in the mid range not topend.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I installed v-force on my zr500 and it seemed to make a huge difference in throttle response but I don't know if I got anymore hp.  I have been really happy with them so far though.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Like I said above...if i get a crisper/snappier throttle response I'll be happy and feel I got my moneys worth.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is an example.  My buddy has a 96 ZRT600 also.  I just added the VForce this past winter and up until then these sleds were neck and neck.  I mean literally.  I put em on and now I get him out of the hole and at the end of a 660 I have 1.5 sled lengths on him.  He just bought a set for his.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have the delta v-forces on my 99 zrt600 along with other mods done at the same time very impressive mid range pull now. I now ave a set in the asement waiting to be installed on my 03 zr900 when I get it. Kevin

·
Registered
575 Posts
I would like to get a set of v force reeds for my ZR 600 efi. I already have some modes done so I hope I will see a diff. I would hate to spend the money and be disappointed. Maybe this summer I will get some.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
arcticzrt600, did you try the boyesson reeds out?I would say from my experiance that you would have seen similar results out of them as well,for less money.my testing was done on a land and sea dyno and within a half hour of each pull.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I only tried the Boyessen reeds once on a 76 Rupp Nitro 440, punched .40 over with 38mm carbs.  When I had that motor it was in a Viking chassis that weighed 150 pounds.  I ran it once against my buddies 617 Mach 1 and spanked him badddddd.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Put Boyessen reeds on my 82 SRV years ago and lost 4 SLEDS!
Needless to say, I raised h### and got my money back and 4 sleds!
Another scam at that time for the SRV was a fellow [who is still in business] advertized: For $40.00 I will bore your carb and you WILL gain 6-8 sled lengths and 2-3 miles per gallon guarnteed. That also turned out to be a crock! I lost 6-8 sled lengths and mileage was the same. Raised h### with this guy and recieved some other poor suckers carb that was ready to be bored out. I know this is a little off topic but thought is was a good time to mention it.....

P.S. The only thing that made a REAL improvement for my SRV was a comet clutch [5 sleds]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts