Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinkin about goion to a new set of Ski's for the kitty next season...What are some of your opinions... I have heard nothing but good about Ski Doo's dual Precision Ski and believe that I heard that there was a conversion kit for other models coming out this year(I'll have to look into that). Anyways some of your opinions, good or bad, would be greatly appreciated.  Mine are horrilble and they Dart no matter how little ski pressure I have on the front end!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Had a set of SLP ultra lites on my 96 XCR SP. They were lite the keel is real aggresive caused my sled to dart every were. I ended up folding them on a jump then threw them in the trash.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Get the skidoo persision skis or somthing very simular.  I think simmons makes a set.  Its a unbelivable diffrence.  It ups your confedince when coming into a corner, eliminates darting and weird jolts. And every racer comparison test shows that a sled equiped with them turn faster lap times.  

yes there is a conversion for all brands this year and i belive you will love them once on.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I'm sure I could look it up, but I'm being lazy.

What are a set of precision skis worth??

·
Registered
413 Posts
I heard that the dual runner ski's, and Ski-doo's ski's, are great to stop darting and in sweeping bends, but sometimes they tend to cause the sled to push through turns or to work against each other.  I think I read that in the new Amsnow mag in the review of the rev?
?  Anyone know about this?  I want to get dual runners also, but now this is making me second guess.  I heard there is a brand out there where carbides are staggered.  This helped the pushing affect in the turns.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Precision skis work well but they will dart if you are following another sled with Precision skis.  I rode a few new Doos last year with them and you could let go of the bars they tracked so much if you were following another Doo.  Other than that they do work well.  I have a set of C&A's on my MX6 and like them a lot.  I also had a set of SLP Ultra-Lites on my 96 F3 and found them to be darty although they were aggressive in the corners.  Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Persision skis dont push.  They hold there line exactly.  They are a blessing to the machz CK3 that was push happy.  Like i said before.  I was out running my buddy on his ZX with normal skis only because he couldnt hold the corners like me.

I never really ran behind anyone with persision skis so i dont know about the darting.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
its hard to beat c&a's or usipx301's for aggresive riding,they have such a deep keel.and are also very good in the powder

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Precision skiis rock. All of us have them and we love them.The machine almost steers itself.They handle awesomely on water as well.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I tried them all and there all good but nothing compares to the [email protected]'s and usi px301,  if your an aggressive rider and like to take the corners fast, these are the skis to have.  Every sled I have will have either ski  on it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
just ordered some C&A pro extreme race skis, for 330 bucks.  heard nohting but good things about them.  hope they perform a #### OF A LOT better then the regular stock skis on the 2001 doo's, those handled so bad.  on ice they shook and everything, happened in deeper snow too.  hope the C&A's are better.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
sledcrazy you will love them,ive never heard anybody say anything bad about them,my buddy has a set ,and they rock!!!he has the 9 inch carbide on them also.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Is it just me, or does AC's org skis handle good?
Had them on my last zr with 9" carbides and i ruled on aggresive trails...

Just my 02

1 - 15 of 15 Posts