Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a set of K/N filters on my 2000 MXZ 700. My problem is, that this sled has the DPM on it which has a sensor mounted in the air box. Have any of you done this mod, if so what do you do with the sensor? I was thinking of putting it in one of the filters, but I didn't know what that would do to the other carb.
  Also what types of pipes have you guys tried with this sled. Does the Dyno-port pipe really do anything for performance? Or should I settle for Crankshop? What is your expeirance? I want a agressive sound , but also want some real performance.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Another thread about pipes said that stock doo pipes are really good; the only thing better is Crankshop pipes.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
kid rocker runs the dynoport single and it is much better in the trail than my crankshops pipes,and runs as well also.not as loud as the twins though.the air box I would leave stock for winter time use,I have found these newer airboxes are tuned very well.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Keep the airbox.  These sleds seem to lose hp when taken off.   Adding an exhaust restricter helps the performance for a fraction of the price of pipes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts