Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I fixed my engine problem that Ive been having, one of you guys said maybe the air box wasnt on correctly, well I went out and checked it out, and what do u know, the damn thing has fallen half off. So I took it off and just checked it over real quick, then I tried to put it back on, and let me tell you, WOW was that a b*tch to get back in there!! ok so here is the problem, I got the airbox in there, but the metal clips that go around the rubber to make sure its tight, they came off!! I CAN NOT get the airbox in there w/ the clips on there for the life of me! anyone have any suggestions??

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Just loosen the hose clamps enough that they don't turn on the carb boot. If you know a Snap-on or Mac tool guy, they have a tool for prying rad hoses off, works good.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, I have the clamps as loose as they go, and i can not wedge the airbox down there w/ out having them come off, i can BARELY get it down there w/o the clips there. every since i installed the vforce 2 reeds, that airbox has been a pain.

Last edited by Rocketman at Oct 21 2002, 06:06 PM

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any other ideas??

·
Registered
279 Posts
If you remove the seat you may be able to slide the fuel tank back some to give you some additional clearance.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Try a little wd-40. They can be tricky, just keep at it and try not to get fustrated. :)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Put a litle silicone grease on the rubber boots (it won't hurt rubber) take your time and make sure the boots are on the bells as far they can go it is frustrating patience is the key. The first time I took mine off I cursed the doo people now it comes on and off without to much hassle :p

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thnx guys, ill try that when I get home from school. Ill try not to get so frustrated w/ this job!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just took the seat off, and the two bolts holding the gas tank off, its ready to come off except for one minor thing. the gas tank thing holding it on. I dont have a monkey wrench or w/e u call those things big enough to fit around it!! Ive gotta find something, but I think after I remove the tank and the yellow protector right above it, there should be PLENTY of room!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts