Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my alignement is out big time on my sled and i don't know where to start. I'm new to snomobiles but i'm sure a can do it myself with a little guidance. Also I want to put handlbar risers on my sled. How high should I go. I ride all around the ditch, trails and some jumps when i feel ballsy. thanx..

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
toadjust alinement you need to loosen the steering end connected to the spindals and ajust them so your skis and straight when your bars are straight. as for the bars it depends on how tall you are and if you are willing to spend extra money for a throttle cable and possible and brake line extension to go high then the sled will allow you in stock forum. it also depends on how you want it to feel. im really short but i run high riser then some of my freind that are 3 or 4 inches taller.

·
Registered
15 Posts
my alignement is out big time on my sled and i don't know where to start. I'm new to snomobiles but i'm sure a can do it myself with a little guidance. Also I want to put handlbar risers on my sled. How high should I go. I ride all around the ditch, trails and some jumps when i feel ballsy. thanx..[/b]
HI i picked this up from AKRMK dated 2/12/2007 POST #8 MY DIRECTIONS WERE THE SAME I JUST COULD NOT FIND THEM. I WILL TRY AND FIND THE DOWN LOAD FOR YOU BEST LOU
Sounds like your skis are out of alignment. If you have ANY "toe in" it will dart on you. Put a bungie across the tails of the skis (to take out the slack) then measure between the skis about 6-8" in front of the spindle then do the same (at the same distance from the spindle) behind the spindle. Try to measure to a point on the ski that will be straight front to rear like the carbide mounting bolts or something. You want the front measurement to be about 1/4" more than the rear measurement which will give you a slight "toe out". Dead even measurements is best, but I find that a slight toe out gives very good handling on hardpack.

·
Registered
8 Posts
For the handle bar riser I would go with a 4-6 inch rise. The higher you go the easier it is to pull the sled over in the powder but on the trail it makes you feel like your riding a chopper if you sit down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts