Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yamaha Recalls PZ50 Snowmobiles

October 16, 2007
Yamaha is rcalling its 2007 model year PZ50 snowmobiles. Snow and ice stuck around the steering idler arm can cause a loss of steering ability, posing a risk of injury and death to drivers and passengers.

This recall involves all model year 2007 PZ50 snowmobiles, including PZ50W (Phazer), PZ50FXW (Phazer FX), PZ50GTW (Phazer GT), PZ50MW (Phazer Mountain Lite), and PZ50VTW (Venture Lite) model snowmobiles.

The snowmobiles were sold by Yamaha dealers nationwide from June 2006 through September 2007 for between $7,000 and $8,000. They were made in Japan.

Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled snowmobiles and contact an authorized Yamaha snowmobile dealer in their area to schedule a free repair. Registered owners were sent direct mail notification of this recall.

Consumer Contact: For additional information and to locate a Yamaha snowmobile dealer, contact Yamaha at (800) 962-7926, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, or visit the firm’s Web site at www.yamaha-motor.com.

The recall is being conducted in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).[/b]
Nice to see Yamaha step up to the plate :)

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
yes they just sent us a letter in the mail to bring it in...Yamaha Canada

Rick :D

·
Registered
496 Posts
I wonder what it is ? I guess it will be a rubber boot.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Here is what it says

the clevis-type pins used to prevent the steering idler arm nuts from falling off could dislodge. without these clives pins in place the idler arm could fall off if they become loose. if the both nuts fall off, steering components could come apart, resulting in loss of control and the vehicle crash with injury or death....so on I hope this tells you Bone Daddy

Rick :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts